• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Opinions on new rims

spidey

With the recent seeling of my old truck, I set aside some money after the sale to get new rims for my truck.  I originally was going to go with the factory Chrome 20's, but then thought not to, save a few thousand, and use that money to buy ones I actually want.

Goal is to use the 17" factorys as winter rims and the 20's for summer, I did that with my old truck and it worked out well

These are the choices so far, but as usual with something that I will have for awhile, Im finding it hard to make a decision.  Ibe got a few ideas on here being a member the last few months, but finding it hard to bite the bullet on a particular set.

My old truck I had a combo of black and silver and liked the looked.  My Avy is silver, so would like a bit of silver to go with the truck as well

Moto Metal 909
Moto_Metal_MO909_skull_400x.jpg

Fuel - Boost
300300000Fuel-Boost-Black.jpg

Fuel - Crank
fuel-krank-black-milled.jpg

Dick Cepek DC-2
dc_dc2_mba_ci3_l.jpg

Helo HE-869
Helo-HE869-Satin-Black-with-Machined-Face-13497.jpg

With the ones you have listed its hard to say without seeing the overall look that you are going for. The moto's are Bad A$$ but more for an off road look, the DC-2 is good for nice street look  also the Helo is a great looking wheel. You have to go with what makes the hole package look best. :B:

i like the black and silver look too much black looks like you are rolling on spares :) ... with a silver truck i think i would go with the dick cepek or fuel crank, the reason i didnt go with the cepeks when i got mine is everyone in gillette has them :p

wyotonka said:
i like the black and silver look too much black looks like you are rolling on spares :) ... with a silver truck i think i would go with the dick cepek or fuel crank, the reason i didnt go with the cepeks when i got mine is everyone in gillette has them :p

Thanks for the feedback.  I do like black on certain vehciles, expecially black, but I want to offset the black a bit with the truck colour I have.  I like the Cepeks to, excpet Im not to fond of the word Dick all over my rims

Mark S said:
With the ones you have listed its hard to say without seeing the overall look that you are going for. The moto's are Bad A$$ but more for an off road look, the DC-2 is good for nice street look  also the Helo is a great looking wheel. You have to go with what makes the hole package look best. :B:

Well my overall look isnt decided, I usually just do stuff that I like and go from there.  Im not into any major body mods or lift kits, etc.  Im sure I will do a few things like my old truck.

I had Ultra Wheel before but want to try something new this round.

Thanks for the feedback.  I saw the Motos on a Silverado last month and liked the look.  But Im not the biggest fan of the huge inside center cap, thats usually plastic

I like the Helo's, I had some 22" Helo's on a previous 04 Tahoe, ran 305/45/22 tires- rode very nice. The quality of the triple chrome platting was way better than some of the real cheap stuff out there now that will pit or discolor after 1 wash.
Careful- you only  get what you pay for! (y)

HawaiianBrian said:
I like the Helo's, I had some 22" Helo's on a previous 04 Tahoe, ran 305/45/22 tires- rode very nice. The quality of the triple chrome platting was way better than some of the real cheap stuff out there now that will pit or discolor after 1 wash.
Careful- you only  get what you pay for! (y)

Thanks for the feedbakc.  I like the Helos as they dont have the center cap, but I saw a picture online of the Dick Cepec ones on an avy and they looks really good to.

I hate cleaning brake dust and I keep in mind how hard it will be to clean the wheel. Like how many nooks and crannies there are. I'd go for something you like and yet be easy to clean. I can't pick one wheel either, you have several good ones there. Good luck.

If you wanted to stay with 17X8's you can run these year around for about $130 ea Black Rock Type D 909 S. They  do have some depth to them you can see in the second pic. Haven't seen a set on another Avalanche either.

Attachments

• 334_11_06_10_4_25_02-1.jpg
    334_11_06_10_4_25_02-1.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 98
  • daytona2.jpg
    daytona2.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 98
BooomerX said:
If you wanted to stay with 17X8's you can run these year around for about $130 ea Black Rock Type D 909 S. They  do have some depth to them you can see in the second pic. Haven't seen a set on another Avalanche either.

Thanks, but looking to upgrade to 20" like the factory size I was going to get.  Just want to have 2 sets, one for winter and one for summer/spring/fall.

Those do look nice to.

Ovis Canis said:
Fuel Crank.  Skulls are as over done as bad vampire movies.

I may have to agree, expecially after I saw how huge the centre cap is.  Same as the Dick Sepek, huge center cap.

I think I may be leaning towards the Heloc now, with barely any centre cap

Back