• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

No Burn Out

wannabecool

I can't seem to burn out in my truck no matter what if its dry. Well i mean using brake and gas and not in turns. Just don't know what to do even pulled the ETC fuse and don't know what to do. ???

My crystal ball sees a new transmission in someones future.

Hey: I  never said it was Safe. :rolleyes:

Lets See I don't do burnouts And last year went through 4 trans rebuilds and now getting Front and rear gears replaced. ???

See what adding a blower at 100k can do for a ride. It gets rid of all the other stock Parts!

MichiganSilver03 said:
My crystal ball sees a new transmission in someones future.

:laugh:

Maybe 2 trannys if he's lucky...

And a rear diff, and a drive shaft and/or pinnion yoke or two also...

:laugh:

Well Guys let make fun of a young 18 year old. Also as for grow up i'm still a teen. And last what is the best tuner with a tourque management control??

Thanks for making fun of a guy who wants to be cool!!! I'm mainly putting the grow up thing toward DougD

Burning out in a 7K pound truck will not make you achieve your user name.

Hi wannabecool and welcome,
Sorry you feel like you are being attacked. I know it can be tough to be young. We don't see many as young as you owning an Avalanche since it is not a cheap truck and since it's built on the Suburban frame and most have many luxury features it is not really a high performance truck. Or at least not cheaply turned into a high performance truck.  >:D

The torque management that comes with the AV is there for a reason, to protect the drivetrain. As those above have mentioned these parts will break and they are expensive to repair. I know it can be impressive to some to be able to spin the tires and create smoke but in reality how much talent does it take to stomp an accelerator? Especially if you break your truck in the process or have to spend lots of money buying the tires. (Price out a set of tires for the AV and decide how often you could buy a set of four.) >:D
You could also risk a ticket for reckless driving and loss of your license.

If you do want to live up to your screen name maybe you can attend a local get together and meet some of the members and get some ideas for cool mods to your AV?
This way you could impress others with the best detailed truck with lots of cool features that other vehicles don't have. Many young people love sound systems and many members here have very impressive setups with subwoofers,amps and speakers in the midgate etc.
I hope you have many happy times and many safe miles in your Avalanche.

Sorry dude but I take the side with DougD and Vaeaglev.  I'm not trying to give you a smackdown, just think seriously about what you are doing before you drop thousands of $$$ away just to impress your friends. 

Take your time and read through this website and find a mod that can suit your needs without ruining your ride.  How about starting with a new muffler system that's got loud pipes for one.  Try that before spending big bucks wrecking a perfectly good vehicle.

I think most of us can relate to being cool.  How about this: I just got my ride this week and already had dozens of people (yes, most were of the female persuasion) come up drooling saying how nice my ride is while it was sitting in a parking lot.  Take care of your AV, keep it clean, make it snappy and you should get lots of attention without having to do burnouts. 

BTW - you gotta have a thick skin on this website - especially when you start a thread like this. 

First of all :welcome: to the club

@nd... Take DougD with a grain of salt... Some day we all too will be grouchy and old :laugh:

As for turning the tires over... Tires are too expensive, Go the mod route to empress your buds and friends ie Kick Butt Steroe, Underbody Glow, Rims/tires

Hey there dude-

Ive had my av since i was 18, (I'm 20 now) (dad got a new truck..... I got it for practically nothing and have been modding since....  >:D) It now has 95,325 miles on it (as of today) and I know EXACTLY what you mean about the whole burnout thing! It's not that you want to go around burning out all the time, its just that you want to be able to open it up when you want! I'm a leadfoot...... (it's not that i speed so much as I get to the speed limit realy quick!!) and my transmission hasn't so much as slipped once!! And it's not stock either! I have a really good friend that's a pro mechanic and he did a custom tune (custom a/f mix, ECM, PCM, and opened my fuel loop) and now if the roads have more than morning dew on them, and I turn my traction control off, it'll break the tires loose all over the place. So, yea, it's doable, but if the pavement is dry, forget it! Go figure.... At least that's my expierence....  :B: 

Glad to hear of another teen av driver! Rock on! Pursue the power.... very easy to get w/o sacrificing ur fuel milage very much.... i get an avg 17.3 MPG combined and put out 325+ hp!!  (y) Also, just a suggestion..... I installed a drop-in (NOT a cold air intake) K&N air filter and it made the neatest "throaty"sound and my power and milage went appreciably up!! Definately my favorite mod!

Good Luck!!

christianavrocker1

wannabecool said:
And last what is the best tuner with a tourque management control??

Assuming you're talking about a handheld, it would depend on the model year of your Av

Kids these days!  :rolleyes:    :laugh:

Forget burning up the tires!!  Spinning tires do not win races.  :rolleyes:  Just turn off the speed limiter and GO FAST!!  :p

WB >:D

back in 1996 i bought, well my dad did and i stay with the payments, an IMPALA SS and i used to do burnouts like you blink your eye, and you know what i got from doing that ? :  i was spending over 1,000 dollars in tires ..... every year... :eek:, so far with my previous cadillac dts i did a couple of burnouts to see the caddy power, now with the avalanche ... nothing...  yet !!
i rather go without spinning and hit the gas after going 20 or 25 mph.
one good trick: wet your rear tires with used or new engine oil and do a quick sping , you will have more smoke than the tires does, i used to do it but get familiar with any tireshop close to you (y)

I was mainly joking to doug d guys but i'm with christian and i aam a light foot except for when i'm running late to high school or the ocasional FLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR IIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and tires i need new ones right now anyway so i really want  to burn them off. and i have an 02 Avy but would rather go to someone in OKC to get a custom tune. and i have a cherry bomb vortex muffler and K&N 77 Series Cold Air intake. Underglow and rims aren't my thing but i must say i wouldn't mind the 07 stock 20's and i'm about to get Nitto terra graplers so burning out will be no more after i get rid of these. ALso i have a Kick A** sound system 2600 SPL amp and 2 Kicker L7 subs in a custom box single aut. or however its spelled wire. I won port wars last  year at thunder valley!!! so back to the burnout thig i'm not talking bout all the time i just want to do it with these sucky BIG O tires that ibought the truck with and guess what after watching dateline i figured out  there 20 years old!!!! my own trucks not that old!!!!! THnx for the moral booster guys any more suggestions would be nice!!

Tie up to sumthing like a wall or a dodge /ford.... put in 4 lo, ya, you'll burn rubber alright.

Hope fully fwd....not backward

GulfstreamV said:
Sorry dude but I take the side with DougD and Vaeaglev.  I'm not trying to give you a smackdown, just think seriously about what you are doing before you drop thousands of $$$ away just to impress your friends. 

Take your time and read through this website and find a mod that can suit your needs without ruining your ride.  How about starting with a new muffler system that's got loud pipes for one.  Try that before spending big bucks wrecking a perfectly good vehicle.

I think most of us can relate to being cool.  How about this: I just got my ride this week and already had dozens of people (yes, most were of the female persuasion) come up drooling saying how nice my ride is while it was sitting in a parking lot.   Take care of your AV, keep it clean, make it snappy and you should get lots of attention without having to do burnouts. 

BTW - you gotta have a thick skin on this website - especially when you start a thread like this. 

I need to come to where you live.  I have had a couple of females, (not alot).  Maybe I am just too darn ugly. :cry:

Strobin'01 said:
I need to come to where you live.  I have had a couple of females, (not alot).  Maybe I am just too darn ugly. :cry:

Nah, maybe it's the color of my AV - Deep Ruby.  :cool: (y)

Man, I remember burning out in my 1990 454SS when I was a mere pup of 20, and I also remember my dad telling me that he wouldn't help me when I needed new rubber...Well, he didn't help me out, and I learned it's always more fun to watch someone else doing burnouts! That way, you get all the satisfaction without the bill!  :laugh:

Seriously...there's a lot of ways to burnout, and I have nothing against your reasoning, but it's not just the tires...the tranny gets beat up in the process if not done properly, so it's probably better to just toss them when the Grapplers arrive  (y)

Back