• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Help with XM Install....Please!

Greatpumpkin71

OK here is the deal.  I have an 04 Avalanche that came with XM and it has the 6 CD changer.  Bought the NAV unit from a friend with an 05 Avalanche and it now resides in my 04.  Just got an 04 Envoy and it has the basic AM/FM I'm-a-loser radio in it.  I still have the original 04 XM radio with the 6 CD changer, how do I put it in the Envoy?  I know the radio will mount in the dash with no problem, but what else has to be hooked up?  I have no external antennas, but I could always put one on the dash if need be.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!! 

Man it's midnight I'll answer you thursday

Isn't there a seperate XM head unit (mounted behind the glove compartment) that needs to be moved as well? It was my understanding that it jacks into the back of the stock radio but it was just something I read somewhere so I'm not positive.

So I need this extra head unit to go along with the radio and an antenna and I should be good to go?

Greatpumpkin71 said:
So I need this extra head unit to go along with the radio and an antenna and I should be good to go?

You'll need the harness between the radio and the xm module also...

Back