• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

local headrest modding!?!

chadstr

SM 2023
SM 2022
SM 2010
I found a sweet deal for those that wanna embroyder your headrests, I tried to post pics on the other website but couldn't, but let me know if you want the name of the place. $12, sweat, and a few grumbles (getting the covers off and on) were worth it.

Attachments

• DSC00270.JPG
    DSC00270.JPG
    76.1 KB · Views: 55
Do they do leather ones also. ???

Thanks chadstr, I have some extra ones I could send to them and ask if you  can they just put in just a large AV not the whole word avalanche

A little tip for those of you doing the install yourself. (Sorry no tip on removal)
If you use a drycleaning bag over the headrest with the opening at the bottom, you use a shop vac and suck out the air from the foam headrest so it gets smaller and the plastic acts as a lube to allow you to install the headrest cover easier. Once cover is on you can rip the plastic off by just pulling it from the bottom.
Nice mod!

Negative to the leather. They say that the machine doesnt always run right.

As far as putting on the covers...ya your right on the plastic eagle, it helps, I put a pull strap on and cinched the crap out of it, pulled the cover down to the strap, undid the strap, moved it down and then pulled the cover to it again, did it about 5 times per headrest, but without the plastic and the strap, Im not sure if you could get the covers on in one piece. If I do it again, I will try the vacuum.

Chadstr

Thanks for trying. (y)

Back