• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Aftermarket radio antenna?? Anyone...

ajk2000

Ok I searched the forums and didnt find anything...

Has anyone switched out there stock radio antenna??   Maybe a billet one or something cool...

Looking for ideas...

I had a flamed billet one made by All Sales (you should be able to find them on Stylin trucks and such)
just remember to take it off if you go through a car wash  :laugh:

My solution for this issue on my 2013 LT was to remove the antenna base and tywrap the assembly horizontally to the underside of the plastic wiper cowl. I replaced the the OEM trim piece (with the hole in it) with one that did'nt i.e Escalade.
1)Make sure you clear the wiper mechanism and
2)re-establish the ground using a ground strap/ wire to the aerials base and body (I used one of the original antenna mounting holes for the body side)

Gives my Av a nice clean look with no noticeable reception issues (y)

Sorry, don't recall; do remember it was about $9.00 though.

Told the GM parts guy what I was looking for and he pulled it right up; had it in stock too!

I believe it's called a escalade cowl end cap sorry I don't have a parts number either When the older gens did it we called it the antenna delete mod.

Here's the number I found quoted in an other thread GM 25820730. Can't confirm the number but the photo shows the same piece I purchased.

Back