• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Swapping XM reciever to another Chevy

mbrown1

Hi Everyone,

My Friend has an 07 Tahoe with XM Factory.  He gave me the unit cause he upgraded.  So now the question, I have an 07 Avy without XM.  Can I install this in my Avy and what do I need anything like harness if so anyone now part numbers and prices.

TIA

Did you get the antenna also ???

No just the receiver.  I Have on-star with my Avy, don't it use the same antenna?

It's not that easy, but it can be done. I've only seen it done is with a Kit.

Acouple things you need to know there is a special bracket the holds the receiver to the firewall that is behind the heating and cooler unit.

The unit is BCM controlled by the VIN so it will have to be cleared.

This is what a kit looks like

Attachments

• xmJPG.JPG
    xmJPG.JPG
    22.5 KB · Views: 43
Oh I have the mounting bracket too.  So looks like I need the harness, and use the On-star antenna then?

The harness is 15179452, but check dealer on this number because they are subject to change or updates. You will need the antenna cable also.

Good Luck 

Don't let it nickel and dime you to death, the whole kits run about 250.00

Thanks MichiganSilver03,

Thats the Harnesss part number?  Do I need a whole new antenna or just the antenna wire?

GM Direct has this part for $40.00. I hope its for an 07!  If anyone knows the part number for the Antenna or Antenna Wire that would be great..  I was reading other post on this and someone stated that I need  to upgrade the antenna wire to receive both XM and Onstar signal.  Anyone Know this to be true?

Thanks Everyone.

Could be when I check it list 1 antenna for XM equipped  and another for non XM thats why I said don't let it nickle and dime you

Back