• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Check Engine Light 2003

rico0465

:rolleyes:

My 2003 Avalanche check engine light comes on and goes off. Truck does not like the cold weather period ! I replaced the cats in the summer of 2007 with 55k. It was covered thank god. I thought maybe that was the problem back then. About a month ago that check engine light came on again and some days goes off. I do get a rough idle on cold mornings. Once truck is warmed up it is fine. Just drives me crazy ! 

Help !

The codes are stored, you would go to a auto parts store and have them pulled then tell us the actual codes, but do it soon the longer you drive it the more it's going to cost to repair.

The problem may be a minor one and some auto parts stores will do it free.

Good Luck

I'll help you narrow it down - it's one of only several hundred possibilities at this point.

Find out what the code is, don't guess, and don't ignore it.

i have a 03 also and yesterday my check eng light came on.  I was pulling a trailer and when pulling a steep hill it had to shift down to second gear and immediately the light came on.  I checked the tranny fluid and engine oil and all was fine.....no leaks either.  I shut it off and restarted and light still on.  Any ideas.....  If i take down to Advanced Auto will they check it for free and let me know what this is all about?

Some stores scan for free, yes.  If you're not sure, call them and ask.

Back