• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

"New" job...will be moving

JoeSpicoli

SM 2004
At the lunch GTG, Darren asked how the job was going...

Well, I applied for a permanent position with my current employer the Friday before the lunch.? (I have been on a temp assignment since September because the Colorado Springs plant where I work from is shutting down.? If I didn't have the temp assignment, I would have left my current employer already.)? The permanent position would require me to move to either AZ, NM, or OR.? I got the offer the next Tuesday and accepted a few days later.

So I will be moving to Oregon.

If everything works out like I hope, I'll be here until after the current school year is over and will move sometime early to mid summer.? It kinda depends on the house selling.

What sealed the deal was my ex-wife deciding to move back to Oregon.? My goal all along has been to be near my kids - I was going to leave my current employer to stay in Colorado to be near my kids.? So now, not only will I get to move back near my family, I will get to keep my job and have my kids close!

So, Colorado folks, who wants to be the new Colorado Springs Cruise Coordinator?? Step up now so we can go through the rigorous training that is required.?
?:kidding: about the training part.

As I stated, I'll be around Colorado for a while longer, so I hope to see you at some GTGs before I move!

-Joe

Congratulations Joe!!!  We will miss you though.  It has been a lot of fun hanging with you on the GTG's.

what a great thing !  (y)  huge congrats to u, u'll luv it there... low taxes when u buy vehicles, lol... and of course being so close to the water, u'll luv visiting there as well :love:

Avalanche Fox said:
what a great thing ! (y) huge congrats to u, u'll luv it there... low taxes when u buy vehicles, lol... and of course being so close to the water, u'll luv visiting there as well :love:

For sure, thanks!? I was born, grew up, and lived in Oregon for 30 years.

Oh, I will love the vehicle registration...it was like $780 the first year for my Av in CO.? I think it's down to around $280 or so now.? $36 (when last I knew) to register in OR for 2 years!? A little more for the custom plate fee.? I hope to be able to get my old custom plates back.? I have the set, it's just if they'll let me "transfer" them from the Silverado that I had them on when I moved.? Plates don't stay with the vehicle when you sell/trade in CO, like they do in OR.? Guess I better try to find the VIN from my old truck, that might help.? Anything to make the DMV worker happy so they'll help me out, ya know?

The man gets you in other ways...the income tax is significantly higher, but no sales tax (Yippie! I'm used to it now, so it will be weird to not have it).

Another change will be waiting for someone to pump my gas.? I won't missing getting out to pump when it's 10 degrees, but having to wait on an attendant sucks in a different way.

Being close to family will outweigh any of the negatives, tho.? At least that's what I am telling myself. :)

Maybe I can go back to Cultus Lake and fish for my lost Av hat...but I doubt I'd like the condition it would be in if I ever saw it again.

Cheers,

-Joe

And Joe, we're all waiting for ya to come home!

(AV registration is now $50 for 2 yrs - I know how you feel in CO - in CA - that was less than 1 month licence fee!)

Yep, still no sales tax, but the property tax is killing us!  Don't know what it's like in CO, but in OR, we've been holding 15% housing appreciation SOLID for the past 5-7 yrs.  Even the last year hasn't dropped the prices like it has around the rest of the world, just the # of sales is down.

Make sure you check out your "Moving back to OR" thread too.  We posted some stuff there for you too.

Hey Joe, best of wishes to you.  You're support for Colorado AVers will be missed...

chuck was telling us about your likely impending move when we met for breakfast last saturday. you've been a great asset to our local tribe and will be sorely missed. i'm glad things are working out for you on the home front, you deserve it.
best wishes and see you at some GTG's before you go!

I dont remember being asked if you could go.....did I miss it?  :kidding:

Hope all goes well for you, no matter where you end up. Just be aware that if your ever in the area, we will have a GTG just for ya. Thanks for tagging me and letting me know about this site, its been very valuable and fun. Dont be a stranger at least on our forums, and again, I wish you the best.

Chadstr

Attachments

• platesmall.jpg
    platesmall.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 25
Hint hint huh, whats involved? I dont want to take it on and then not have the time to put into it...you just plan gtg's or what? That may be alright.

Back