• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Wings Over The Rockies GTG - 2/9/08

avalanchuck

SM 2007
As posted on Colorado Av Club...

Ok folks here's the info on the next Colorado Av Club GTG!

Who: Colorado Av Club

What: Wings Over The Rockies GTG

Where: Wings Over The Rockies Air and Space Museum

When: Saturday February 9, 2008 from 10 am to 5pm

How much: Admission? ?
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Adults 13-64? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?$9.00
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Seniors age 65 and over? ? ? ? $8.00
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Children ages 4 through 12? ? $6.00
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Children under 4? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Free when accompanied
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? by parent
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Museum Members? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Free
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Military Discount (active & retired w/ID) $1 off

If I can get a good head count of who's planning to join us for the Wings over the Rockies GTG I'll see if we can get a group discount.? The ninth is also the same day as Rocky Mountain Aeromodeling Expo at the museum.? If anyone is interested we could meet up for breakfast some where and then carAVan down to Lowry to the museum.? I hope you can join us!?

(y)

Its not quite the same as an full fledged air show but hey its only a few weeks away!

http://www.coloradoavclub.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=191

If you want to meet for breakfast... Join Nicole and I at Sunrise Sunset just of 6th Avenue & Garrison St. at 9 am.  We'll go on to the museum and hopefully get there about 10:30.

Map to Sunrise Sunset

I would like to go, but we will have to wait and see what is going on with Nicholas' arm.  I will keep you updated, when is the deadline for head count?
Tina

Heck I didn't have a real deadline in mind.? I'll probably call this week and see if they have a minimum group size or not.  :D

Hmmm, we might be able to make this!  Providing it's after noon.  If we meet around 1:00 or so, we could probably make it!  :eek:

Chris In CO said:
Hmmm, we might be able to make this!? Providing it's after noon.? If we meet around 1:00 or so, we could probably make it!? ?:eek:

Well 1:00 is kind of late for breakfast...  :laugh:

avalanchuck said:

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? by parent

If I can get a good head count of who's planning to join us for the Wings over the Rockies GTG I'll see if we can get a group discount.? The ninth is also the same day as Rocky Mountain Aeromodeling Expo at the museum.? If anyone is interested we could meet up for breakfast some where and then carAVan down to Lowry to the museum.? I hope you can join us!?

Its not quite the same as an full fledged air show but hey its only a few weeks away!

Here's the list:
avalanchuck+1
Colorado Avalanche+4
thorin
justjr+1
PHATYELAV

maybe's
chadstr

I thought you people had finally come to your senses and realized that the Wings are always over Colorado. :laugh:

wish i could make it, but we dont even get to go to colorado this summer :needhug: our trip is canceled, due to a surgery my wife is having in june. no mountains for me this year, bummer
goatboy

sorry to hear that gb... hope your wife has a speedy recovery!  Hope we can meet up the next time your able to come out this way again.

Hey, can you find out about a place for us to stay over night in case it ends up being a late evening, if we are able to make it.  Maybe some place that has a military discount.
Thanks,
Tina

Sooner Red AV said:
Hey, can you find out about a place for us to stay over night in case it ends up being a late evening, if we are able to make it.? Maybe some place that has a military discount.
Thanks,
Tina

I'll check into it for you... do you have a preference?  I'm not sure how long it would take for you to get up here Tina but we're planning to get there around opening time at 10.  I'm guessing we'd be done early afternoon.  Plus they say the weather should be nice so you shouldn't get stuck here in town.

Chris In CO said:
Take our name off, we can't make it. (n)

Bummer Chris hope you can make it to the next one!  (y)

Cheap but nice....LOL.  I just want to be sure in case the day does run long.  It is about a 4 hour drive from here.
Tina

Chuck,

So plans have changed slightly.  What time were you thinking of meeting for breakfast again?  I think we can meet up for breakfast, then we will have to head off for a hockey game 11:30-12:30.  Then meet up at the museum at 1:00 if you all are still there.

Darren

Hey Tina... checking out things online I only seem to get the optional discount of if you're traveling for the military. ?I'll have to try and talk to my aunt and see if she knows who might give military discounts and go from there. ?What time are you planning to head up?

Colorado_Avalanche said:
Chuck,

So plans have changed slightly.? What time were you thinking of meeting for breakfast again?? I think we can meet up for breakfast, then we will have to head off for a hockey game 11:30-12:30.? Then meet up at the museum at 1:00 if you all are still there.

Darren

Well Darren if Tina is still planning on coming up from Walsenburg maybe we should push back the meet up time.  We can still meet for breakfast though before you head off for the hockey game.  (y)

I am not sure, probably leave here around 8 or 9 in the morning.  I am pretty sure that we are coming.  My son is really excited about the Wings over the Rockies.  Another reason that I would just like to stay the night is that we have all had bronchitis this past week and I just don't want to over do it.
Can you take pictures inside the museum?
Thanks for your help.
Tina

Well I'm planning to take lots of pictures so I certainly hope we can! ;)

I've got emails/calls into family about the hotel recommendation w/ military discount.  Just doing an online search I come up with this...

http://www.bestwestern.com/programs/govt.asp

Just checking for hotels within 25 miles of Denver your best bet would probably be the Best Western in Castle Rock.  That would get you out of Denver and on your way back home without having to drive too far.

avalanchuck said:

Here's the list:
avalanchuck+1
Colorado Avalanche+4
thorin
justjr+1
PHATYELAV

maybe's
Sooner Red AV
chadstr

BUMP  (y)

Hey Tina... after talking to my cousin (major in the air force) and he recommended Holiday Inn Express as the place to go.  He said other hotels only offered a certain number of rooms at the government/military rate.  But Holiday Inn Express always had rooms at the government rate.  Just let them know you wanted the government rate when booking and then show them your ID when you check in.  Here are the two locations I'd try first.  They're near I-25 and are either on the south side of Denver or south of Denver (Castle Rock).

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - ENGLEWOOD

Holiday Inn Express - CASTLE ROCK

You can book online but it might be better to call 1 800 315 2621 and book your room if you want to ask any questions.  I hope this helps.

Chuck

Tina wont be attending.  She sounds like death on the phone.  (The whole crew has some nasty bug, no imunity to CO germs after living in Germany for the last half decade). Hopefully she will be feeling better soon.

JP (Tina's still deployed in Germany Husband)

avalanchuck said:
avalanchuck said:

Here's the list:
avalanchuck+1
Colorado Avalanche+4
thorin
justjr+1
PHATYELAV

maybe's
chadstr

BUMP check the 1st post for info on breakfast tomorrow!? Cya then!? (y)

avalanchuck said:
If you want to meet for breakfast... Join Nicole and I at Sunrise Sunset just of 6th Avenue & Garrison St. at 9 am. We'll go on to the museum and hopefully get there about 10:30.

Map to Sunrise Sunset

Our plans are still remaining the same.  We will see you at breakfast, then off to the hockey game, then to the museum :D

Back