• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

05 Avy I want Sirus

MRamsden

Ok Hi guys!? I just bought a 05 Avy and love it. ?. ?? I have had Sirus in my POS Ford I dumped but now I got a new Avy. ?? What do I need to do to get my Sirus working in my new Avy?

I am thinking about running the Antenna like I saw on here through the 3rd brake light and mounting it under that panel. ?? Then maybe installing what Sirus controller I want in the overhead deal like I saw people do on here. ??

But I have the XM1-2 in the stock Bose system. ?. ?. ??How do I go about getting rid of the XM and getting Sirus in mine. ?? It does not have a MP3 jack so I cant just plug into that. ?? How do I get it in without going though the crappy antenna FM transmitter??

Thanks, and I welcome you all as my new brothers!

I'l post pics when I get some!

(y)

:welcome: to the club.  The Sirus swap out is an easy changeover.  You can get a Sirus box that will just replace the XM one behind the glove box, then the factory radio can control it.  I am not sure what the interface unit is called, do a search on here for it.

Thanks!!!  So how hard is it to get into that glove box?? LOL

maverick1974 said:
:welcome: to the club. ? The Sirus swap out is an easy changeover. ? You can get a Sirus box that will just replace the XM one behind the glove box, then the factory radio can control it. ? I am not sure what the interface unit is called, do a search on here for it.

Awesome thanks. . .   One more  question. .   How do you save programmed bands or songs ect?  I cant do that now with my starmate but not sure how it would do it on the stock radio.

thanks

ok I got my Av. . . Wooohoooo!! (y)  Now I will get that part that goes behind the glovebox. . Is there any page that describes in detail how to take stuff apart to get to that area to change out that box???

Thanks! :B:

MRamsden said:
Ok Hi guys!? I just bought a 05 Avy and love it. ??. ??? I have had Sirus in my POS Ford I dumped but now I got a new Avy. ??? What do I need to do to get my Sirus working in my new Avy?

I am thinking about running the Antenna like I saw on here through the 3rd brake light and mounting it under that panel. ??? Then maybe installing what Sirus controller I want in the overhead deal like I saw people do on here. ???

But I have the XM1-2 in the stock Bose system. ??. ??. ???How do I go about getting rid of the XM and getting Sirus in mine. ??? It does not have a MP3 jack so I cant just plug into that. ??? How do I get it in without going though the crappy antenna FM transmitter??

Thanks, and I welcome you all as my new brothers!

I'l post pics when I get some!

(y)

MRamsden said:
ok I got my Av. . .  Wooohoooo!! (y)  Now I will get that part that goes behind the glovebox. .  Is there any page that describes in detail how to take stuff apart to get to that area to change out that box???

Thanks! :B:
congratulations!

I am going to get this unit tomorrow.  I have read out there that there is a adapter cable you can get to use the existing XM antenna.  Some say you can just rig it to use it w/o the adapter plug....  Anyone here use the XM antenna??  Whats the name of the adapter plug?  or how do you rig it to work...  This will save me time running the sirius antenna LOL

WILDFIRE said:
looks like this should do the job

all I did was take the yellow end piece off the xm ant and it comes apart in a half.  then you just stick the ant lead in the sirus box and it stays just fine.  then I snapped the yellow end back around the ant lead just so I dont loose it.  its a breeze. (y)

ok cool.... so the reception your getting is good?

Mudcon said:
all I did was take the yellow end piece off the xm ant and it comes apart in a half.? ?then you just stick the ant lead in the sirus box and it stays just fine.? then I snapped the yellow end back around the ant lead just so I dont loose it.? its a breeze. (y)

my sirius receiption for some reason is better that the xm was.  it does not drop out in all the places that xm did and when it does it takes longer for it to drop out.  like pulling in my garage, xm use to go out right away.  now I can sit there for alittle and it will drop out a coupld minutes later.  dont know why but it does.

Mudcon is right on....the first install on my 05 was the SIR-GM1..easy to do and I prefer Sirus over XM..I used the XM antenna, just like Mudcon said.......be careful removing the tabs when you take out the old XM unit.

What excatly does "BE CAREFUL" mean?

GreatWhite496 said:
Mudcon is right on....the first install on my 05 was the SIR-GM1..easy to do and I prefer Sirus over XM..I used the XM antenna, just like Mudcon said.......be careful removing the tabs when you take out the old XM unit.

Back