Home Resources Forums Nationals Meets Store
11/26/14 06:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Chevy Avalanche Fan Club of North America

Become a Supporting Member

Visit the CAFCNA General Store

Home   Help Search Login Register Bookmark  
Advertisement
Put your advertisement image here...

Advertisement

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: what have you done to improve your MPG?  (Read 30096 times)
Trey

Burnin' That Saudi Oil, so you don't have to.

Awards
« Reply #50 on: 01/18/11 05:46 AM »

Leave the wife at home.

2004 Silver Birch AV 4x4, Leather, CD-Changer, DVD, chrome steps
MODS: TRUXXX Leveling Kit, HIDs, Full-Time Amber DRLs, All-8-on-Hi-Beams Mod, A/C Vent LEDs, Metalcast Engine cover, Headlight and Backup Light Strobes, Sail Panel LEDs, 81-LED Lighted Bowtie, Color-changing LED Headlight Accents, Black Flames, 20" Dub X-Wang Wheels, Power Locking Tailgate, Train Horns, Line of Fire, Smoked Taillights.
avalonandl

Pulling 11,000 lbs and Lovin' it

Awards
« Reply #51 on: 01/21/11 10:02 AM »

OK I'm confused how does the tow haul mode give you better mileage or what is the theory behind it I thought that you would get worse due to it controlling the transmission to help give you more power while pulling stuff. Huh I don't know I guess I don't know how the tow haul mode works exactly I guess that would be a better question. Also does it matter what axle you have I got the GU6 on my Z71 and right now I'm getting about 13.5 on highway and city but it has been steadily increasing hopefully an AEM will help out the same with my last truck.  both with power and MPG.
tow haul keeps the transmission in a lower gear longer for more power and the transmission will not "hunt" between gears as much. It does NOT increase HP.

Avalon

2004- Sport Red 2500, w/ 4.10 axle and stump pulling torque! Flowmaster BB50 w/ oval tips out each side. SOLD- Now a 2015 DMAX 2500HD
Wazbro

I love the Chevy Avalanche

Awards
« Reply #52 on: 01/21/11 06:13 PM »

OK I'm confused how does the tow haul mode give you better mileage or what is the theory behind it I thought that you would get worse due to it controlling the transmission to help give you more power while pulling stuff. Huh I don't know I guess I don't know how the tow haul mode works exactly I guess that would be a better question. Also does it matter what axle you have I got the GU6 on my Z71 and right now I'm getting about 13.5 on highway and city but it has been steadily increasing hopefully an AEM will help out the same with my last truck.  both with power and MPG.

The part about tow/haul helping mileage was only for 07+ with Active Fuel Management, the idea is that it helps the AV stay in 4cyl mode more. Without AFM tow/haul will hurt mileage when not towing.

2008 AV 6.0L LT3 Autoride Blue Granite Metallic
zo6man1

Awards
« Reply #53 on: 01/21/11 10:24 PM »

ok cool makes sense thats what I figured that it would have done. 

2009 Z71 2LT
JVZL1
CAFCNA 2014 Premium Member

Looking For A Crew Cab Pick UP Drove An AVY

Awards
« Reply #54 on: 01/22/11 01:43 AM »

Love the truck, power,    O MPGs the wife drives.

'03 Z71 Dark Gray Cladded
Bug Visor,Floormats;Full Time Amber DRL's; Rear Head Rest Mod; INJEN Tuned Air Intake;MSD wires;ALL ON HIGH;Grippin Billet tailgate handle Magnum black;EBC Brakes;RS9000XL Shocks;Moog Steering Stabilizer;HP Tune From Superwagon;Dual Batteries;Painless 40120 Digital Power Manager; FF Dynamics Electric Fans; DynoMax VT;
JV
mtnman4x4

Awards
« Reply #55 on: 05/11/11 01:04 AM »

Check around at the dyno shops. They usually know a guy who wil custom tune your computer. I got it done for $75. Took an hr and a half. And he reprogrammed almost everything. Fuel/air mixture, Trans shifts and pressure, timing, ect.... Truck doesn't bog when i first get on it and have more power and better fuel mileage. 10x better than my hypertech.

Regency conversion custom 2003 Avalanche Z71. This truck is loaded with every option, all power, full leather, Z71 off road package, 315-75-R16 Toyo open country tires, 6 inch suspension lift, custom front bumper with built in winch, billet grill, fender flares,
Trey

Burnin' That Saudi Oil, so you don't have to.

Awards
« Reply #56 on: 05/11/11 10:38 AM »

Check around at the dyno shops. They usually know a guy who wil custom tune your computer. I got it done for $75. Took an hr and a half. And he reprogrammed almost everything. Fuel/air mixture, Trans shifts and pressure, timing, ect.... Truck doesn't bog when i first get on it and have more power and better fuel mileage. 10x better than my hypertech.
Wouldn't such a guy have to have a programmer that will then get locked to your truck?  Or do they have some sort of trick to tune your truck and then turn around and tune another truck with the same equipment?

2004 Silver Birch AV 4x4, Leather, CD-Changer, DVD, chrome steps
MODS: TRUXXX Leveling Kit, HIDs, Full-Time Amber DRLs, All-8-on-Hi-Beams Mod, A/C Vent LEDs, Metalcast Engine cover, Headlight and Backup Light Strobes, Sail Panel LEDs, 81-LED Lighted Bowtie, Color-changing LED Headlight Accents, Black Flames, 20" Dub X-Wang Wheels, Power Locking Tailgate, Train Horns, Line of Fire, Smoked Taillights.
mtnman4x4

Awards
« Reply #57 on: 09/28/11 05:05 PM »

He has a laptop program that he plugs into your computer and downloads a new program to the truck. I still love it. Plus I got my money back selling the hypertech on Craigslist

Regency conversion custom 2003 Avalanche Z71. This truck is loaded with every option, all power, full leather, Z71 off road package, 315-75-R16 Toyo open country tires, 6 inch suspension lift, custom front bumper with built in winch, billet grill, fender flares,
Ovis Canis

Awards
« Reply #58 on: 08/29/12 06:28 AM »

Any body know someone in the Fort Worth area that they trust to do a custom right?  Sounds like this is the way to go. One time cost for the rest of its life.
kheath39

Awards
« Reply #59 on: 10/10/12 09:22 PM »

stopped driving it
arharris

2010 LTZ SS Avalanche

Awards
« Reply #60 on: 11/30/12 12:24 AM »

All my vehicles use AMS Oil , I get 22 highway with my Avalanche
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: