• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Battery drain

avalanche milf

If I let my truck set unstarted for more than a couple of days, the battery goes dead and it won't start. I've had the dealer look at it and they can't find a problem and we've replaced the battery and it doesn't help. Anyone have any similar problems or know what I can do to fix it???

what year?

2007 had issue.. and a computer update fixed it...

welcome to club

My ride dose this off the Starting battery.
I have found if I apply the Parking brake that it has not been happening? :rolleyes:
So now I use the brake.

have them look up this....

special said:
On early models of the 2007 Avalanche, there is a programing problem on the Remote keyless Entry (RKE) system. This can cause a battery drain and result in a dead battery. This happened to me less than a month after I got my first Avalanche, but the dealer said he found nothing wrong. In february TSB # 1906368 addressed this problem.

welcome to the club btw

I have an 07. This has happened twice. 6mos. apart. Totally drained the battery in 12 hours. I will be taking this to the dealer. I hope the tsb covers it.

E_Z_RedRyder said:
I have an 07. This has happened twice. 6mos. apart. Totally drained the battery in 12 hours. I will be taking this to the dealer. I hope the tsb covers it.
let us know how it turns out

Good luck with the TSB's and all that stuff.   Took delivery of my 07 Av in February, today it left me on foot, dead battery, for the fifth (yes, 5th) time.   Dealer has talked with GM and tried everything.

Wife took it to the dealer. Invoice says : YO152 Reprogram PCM,also Service Update-inventory & cust. VEHS-Battery Rundown -EXP w/base warranty.  I'll post again if this doesn't fix it.

What does that re-programing entail?

I have a right pass door light that stays on intermittently.
I flick the main and it goes off.

Is there a PCM fix for this?

PK

Yours sounds like the door module is going bad, do your interior lights stay on after you close the door.

Hi All,
    I just had my '07 in for a four wheel drive service light for a 3rd time and mentioned the truck went dead 2 times over the past year. . . just like all of you say. . . . within 8-12 hrs. . DEAD.   Anyway, they gave me a new battery on the visit and 4 days later, wah lah. . . . dead again.   I see many of you mention  a computer update also known as 7007B flash update which I was told I had on my first visit in early 2007 before it went dead the first time.   Can anyone tell me if this update actually worked for them?  I have had reprogramming since then and worry that they may have lost the 7007B update in the process. . . .   BTW if any of you get the 'service 4 wheel drive message', according to my dealer GM techincal says this too is a software glitch. . a 'fix' has not been determined. . . . yeah right.

Thanks,
Mark

Back