Home Resources Forums Nationals Meets Store
09/30/14 08:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Chevy Avalanche Fan Club of North America

Become a Supporting Member

Visit the CAFCNA General Store

Home   Help Search Login Register Bookmark  
Advertisement
Put your advertisement image here...

Advertisement

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Battery drain  (Read 1437 times)
avalanche mother

I love the Chevy Avalanche

Awards
« on: 12/05/07 10:23 AM »

If I let my truck set unstarted for more than a couple of days, the battery goes dead and it won't start.  I've had the dealer look at it and they can't find a problem and we've replaced the battery and it doesn't help.  Anyone have any similar problems or know what I can do to fix it???
ygmn
Administrator

Insert Funny Text Here _______________ .

Awards
« Reply #1 on: 12/05/07 10:24 AM »

what year?

2007 had issue.. and a computer update fixed it...

welcome to club

Thread Killer ... After I post they die?
2002 Pewter Z66 - Sept 2001
CAFCNA Album
LSU BABY!
YANKEES BABY!
SAINTS BABY!
SRFNSNO
CAFCNA 2010 Supporting Member

Somthing new to mod

Awards
« Reply #2 on: 12/05/07 10:48 AM »

My ride dose this off the Starting battery.
I have found if I apply the Parking brake that it has not been happening? Roll Eyes
So now I use the brake.

02AV-Fabtec 6", KnN, Ram Air Hood,Magnasun Super Charger, Dynatech Headers, MagnaFlow,17" Hutchison Dual Bead Locks,Interco All-Terrain 35"(lot of trimming up front),SSBC Tri-Piston Brakes & Colored SS Brake Lines, Cognito Steering, Flamed Puco Grill, My Flames are Spreading!
Thule Rack (For Rides),+++GHOST FLAMES....
MooseAlanche
CAFCNA 2008 Supporting Member

The Moose Is On The Loose

Awards
« Reply #3 on: 12/05/07 04:11 PM »

Welcome! to the club avalanche milf
Someone out here will have the answer to your problem  Wave

Pete
05 Black Avalanche 5.3L, Z71, Cladded, Chrome Brush Bar, Speed Grille, SS Nerf Bars, Fire & Ice Tailgate LED, Lund Bug Shield, Putco Tailgate Handle Cover, K&N #77 Cold Air Intake, PowerAid TBS, MagnaFlow SS CatBack. Since Joining CAFC: Amber FTDRL, LED Sail Panel Lights, Amber LED Grille Lights, Door Pocket LED's, Mag Lite, 3rd Brake & Tailgate Decals, Cargo Light, Billet Gas Door, Tailgate Cup Holders, Backup Cam, I Pod2car, WoLo Horn, PlasmaGlow Xeon Bulbs, Window Tint, Tailgate E-Z Up, HyperTech
05avyon23s

Someone Is Following Me, Meet Me At The Helipad...

Awards
« Reply #4 on: 12/05/07 05:14 PM »

you have a parasitic drain somewhere and is not turning off or pulling power when the ignition is turned off

RYAN A
2005 1500 4wd 3/5 inch Drop, 23's, K&N CAI, Kicker Solo X
MY CARDOMAIN
WILDFIRE
CAFCNA 2007 Supporting Member

Awards
« Reply #5 on: 12/05/07 05:44 PM »

if it's a 07 there is a tsb about the key fobs

sittin by the phone, waitin for the lord to send my calling
Question~ What are you doing in my house? Answer~ Bleeding out
WILDFIRE

Awards
« Reply #6 on: 12/05/07 05:49 PM »

have them look up this....

On early models of the 2007 Avalanche, there is a programing problem on the Remote keyless Entry (RKE) system. This can cause a battery drain and result in a dead battery. This happened to me less than a month after I got my first Avalanche, but the dealer said he found nothing wrong. In february TSB # 1906368 addressed this problem.

welcome to the club btw

E_Z_RedRyder
Charter Member

BLKJACK IS BACK!

Awards
« Reply #7 on: 12/08/07 04:59 PM »

I have an 07. This has happened twice. 6mos. apart. Totally drained the battery in 12 hours. I will be taking this to the dealer. I hope the tsb covers it.

LT 3* Z-71.....LOCKED AND LOADED!
WILDFIRE

Awards
« Reply #8 on: 12/08/07 06:39 PM »

I have an 07. This has happened twice. 6mos. apart. Totally drained the battery in 12 hours. I will be taking this to the dealer. I hope the tsb covers it.
let us know how it turns out

dhebert

Awards
« Reply #9 on: 12/14/07 01:40 PM »

Good luck with the TSB's and all that stuff.   Took delivery of my 07 Av in February, today it left me on foot, dead battery, for the fifth (yes, 5th) time.   Dealer has talked with GM and tried everything.
E_Z_RedRyder
Charter Member

BLKJACK IS BACK!

Awards
« Reply #10 on: 12/15/07 05:32 PM »

Wife took it to the dealer. Invoice says : YO152 Reprogram PCM,also Service Update-inventory & cust. VEHS-Battery Rundown -EXP w/base warranty.   I'll post again if this doesn't fix it.

LT 3* Z-71.....LOCKED AND LOADED!
Stearn

I love the Chevy Avalanche

Awards
« Reply #11 on: 01/12/08 08:35 PM »

What does that re-programing entail?

I have a right pass door light that stays on intermittently.
I flick the main and it goes off.

Is there a PCM fix for this?

PK
MS03 2500
CAFCNA 2014 Supporting Member

Awards
« Reply #12 on: 01/12/08 08:44 PM »

Yours sounds like the door module is going bad, do your interior lights stay on after you close the door.

2003 2500
mrheiser

Better than havin a kid!

Awards
« Reply #13 on: 02/19/08 04:28 PM »

Hi All,
     I just had my '07 in for a four wheel drive service light for a 3rd time and mentioned the truck went dead 2 times over the past year. . .  just like all of you say. . . .  within 8-12 hrs. .  DEAD.   Anyway, they gave me a new battery on the visit and 4 days later, wah lah. . . .  dead again.   I see many of you mention  a computer update also known as 7007B flash update which I was told I had on my first visit in early 2007 before it went dead the first time.   Can anyone tell me if this update actually worked for them?  I have had reprogramming since then and worry that they may have lost the 7007B update in the process. . . .   BTW if any of you get the 'service 4 wheel drive message', according to my dealer GM techincal says this too is a software glitch. .  a 'fix' has not been determined. . . .  yeah right.

Thanks,
Mark

Chevys; drive em hard and put em away clean.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: