• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Stereo With XM Made To Fit Exactly In The AV

john113972

Does anyone know of a stereo that is make to fit exactly in the opening where the factory stereo is also the stereo needs to have the XM tuner built in. I don't want to use a dash kit and I want that factory look. I got to have XM I am missing my Nascar channel. I had XM in my Dodge Intrepid but had to give it to my wife when I got the AV. I miss my XM Radio. :cry:

Why not add an XM radio module thingy and keep factory radio.....I did using the SONY...I hid the XM part inside the CD case holder thingy....plus I can remove it to play XM in the house.......

John,

Pioneer makes one that I've been looking at.

Pioneer FH-P8800

Theres a few other ones on the page for the double DIN but they do not have XM. With the P8800 you still need to purchase a reciever.

SciFiGuy01

I had the same problem, but elected to get the XM tuner and put it in the hole up top where the garage homelink and the dome lights are. Works great, looks great, totally satisfied. But, if thats too unlike factory for you, the other guys advice would be best.

Good luck.

Cannon

The Deh P77 by Pioneer is a Din+1/2
fits nicely and has XM
But you still have to mount/buy a xm reciever

I have the 75 and used a P-bus harness
and used the Delphi unit kept everything digital
and Ski-fi is more versatile

Ygmn,
Do you have a part # jor link to what you did to add xm to your stock unit.

ygmn said:
Why not add an XM radio module thingy and keep factory radio.....I did using the SONY...I hid the XM part inside the CD case holder thingy....plus I can remove it to play XM in the house.......

I bought the an adapter (Pendulum sells it) that plugs in back of radio and then the 9pin radio harness plugs into it....from this adapter comes a pair of RCA inputs....

The Sony has a mini stereo plug...I got another adater for mini to rca and hooked it up to the RCA input cables.....

power up the SONy hook up antenna...and off to the music....

HTH

Back