• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

RFA1 BATTERY LOW | Message on DIC ???

Avy03_Z71

Starting last night when I start the truck I get the message "RFA1 Battery Low" on the I/P DIC. I have searched this code/message with no luck. Anyone have any clue as to what this might mean?

eSi says

RFA X BATTERY LOW

Refer to Keyless Entry System Description and Operation in Keyless Entry

RFA1 = key fob #1

Thats amazing that it can tell that the battery is low in my key fob when I don't even the fob anymore. It just sits in my draw by the back door. Well thanks for the blazing fast reply with a perfect answer. I appreciate it!

I recently got this same code: "RFA 1 Battery Low". I replaced both key fob batteries but I'm still getting this code in my truck' DIC. How do i remove this? Is there something I have to do in order to "clear it"?

Hello anyone?

Again, I got the same code and replaced both batteries in my two key fobs but I'm still getting the code. How do I get rid of it?

Does it come back after you press the select button to acknowledge the message?

D (Select)

Attachments

• 03sel.gif
    03sel.gif
    71.5 KB · Views: 55
Ok I hit the C and the D buttons (turned ignition on and off 2x's) and the message went away the first time, when I pressed the D. 2nd time it came back on again and I hit the C that time.

Back