• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Performance comparison between trucks

During the 1st Generation avalanche which of the leading trucks were the highest in performance (ple

• Chevy Silverado

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Dodge Ram

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Ford F-150

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chevy Avalanche

Votes: 12 32.4%
  • Nissan Titan

Votes: 11 29.7%

• Total voters
I just know from personal experience. I have raced all the other choices at the track......and won. >:D

So yes I'm biased for the AV :love:

No.......stock the AV is probably the slowest of the bunch. It's heavier that the rest. But with some tweaking (y)

speed is only one catagory of performance.  IMO the AV out performs them all.

Straight line?
0-60?
Quarter mile?
1/8 mile?
stopping?

what are the parameters?

ygmn said:
Straight line?
0-60?
Quarter mile?
1/8 mile?
stopping?

what are the parameters?

I agree with this and other above statements. >:D
You asked such an open ended question that you would need to know what are the testing criteria in order to answer properly.
The Avalanche is probably the heaviest of the bunch,has a good engine that also has torque management in it to help prevent someone from destroying the transmission and a limiter that slows down the AV at 99 miles per hour. So you asked about stock condition, so in stock form the AV is not a high performance truck.
If you want to stick with a stock truck but have bragging rights then a Dodge SRT-10 would be my pick right out of the showroom.
To me the Avalanche is more about refinement and features. It is roomy,comfortable,dependable and does the average day to day tasks very well. Hauls 5 adults with ease, keeps cargo dry when hauling and can tow a 20ft. bass boat with ease too.
I think the AV makes a good platform for the average family and day to day use.
The Avalanche can be built up to higher performance with things like a supercharger(used by other companies like Ford's Lightening etc.) or even a larger displacement motor.
The High Performance motto in many cases is really more along the lines of the old saying :  "How fast do you want to go?...How much money do you have?"
I also know no matter how powerful you make your truck, sooner or later someone will be faster. So I would would have a truck that suits my needs and I could be proud of without worrying about others.
All trucks will depreciate over time regardless of manufacturer and if gas gets to be $5 a gallon and it's low grade ethanol or something else that high performance stuff could be hard to run,or at least expensive to run.

i dont quite get how the avalanche weighs so much more than any other truck, i mean the exterior paneling lke the cladding is plastic, and you find the samethings inside the truck as u do on most other trucks

it is a uni-body which weighs more...Avy is based on Suburban design...

under sail is steel...

Tailgate is heavier
Bed Panels
bed mat

I like the fact it weighs more and people know it...and when I blow by rice burners, lightnings, rams, and ss silverados, they feel sooooooooo stupid  :E:    and they look in my back window and see avalanche they wonder. Then FINALLY they pull up next to me and if I have a 6.0 and a supercharger....and i break the news. 5.3L naturally aspirated  >:D

ChevroletSet,
So post some pics of that bad boy!

Heres my Cardomain with my pics sorry I don't have any pics of the 22' chrome SS Silverado rims...salted the roads already and didn't get any good pics.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2622859

2622859_21_full.jpg

newst pic

Old pics:

2622859_15_full.jpg

2622859_17_full.jpg

ChevroletSet said:
I like the fact it weighs more and people know it...and when I blow by rice burners, lightnings, rams, and ss silverados, they feel sooooooooo stupid? ?:E:? ? ?and they look in my back window and see avalanche they wonder. Then FINALLY they pull up next to me and if I have a 6.0 and a supercharger....and i break the news. 5.3L naturally aspirated? ?>:D
So how much does the Jet Programmer help your power? I traded my 03 SS Silverado for the avalanche because of the room and still have the bed option. I miss the power of the SS though. I would like to get back into the low15's again.

trannyman said:
No.......stock the AV is probably the slowest of the bunch. It's heavier that the rest. But with some tweaking (y)

I gota go with Mark on this one.

No company has ever built the perfect vehicle for me.  I had to do it myself.

the JET programmer added about 15 hp and added more on to each extra that ive put on...but overall i can safely say I would use a diablosport predator

Back