• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

XM tuner to stock antenna

volchris

My 04 Av has Stock XM (antenna above passenger). If I purchase an aftermarket XM-ready radio along with an XM tuner, can I hook the new tuner to the stock antenna?? I don;t want to have ANOTHER antenna on the roof.

Thanks,
Chris

I think it depends on the Radio you get, here's a pic of the XM antenna connection
also the antenna does not go into the stock radio

Antenna

the yellow plug in the pic is the antenna plug.  there are different connectors depending on the radio you purchase.  i believe i saw adapters at Circuit City once.  don't quote me on that though.

does your truck not have a tuner in it?  just wondering since you said you already had the antenna on the roof.

does your truck not have a tuner in it?? just wondering since you said you already had the antenna on the roof.

It does. ?I have XM now with my factory HU. ?I was under the impression it would not work with an aftermarket HU.

Chris

I also have an 04. I had a Kenwood DNX7100 installed and they used the brown antenna lead with the yellow end behind the glovebox. It will not initalize on mine. Someone said on a previous post that if it won't work with the brown lead that you have to use both leads(the other is under headliner). Hope someone else knows.

Back