• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

02 AV, installing Pioneer 6.5s in front, have problems

yndio

OK, took off the driver side door, was pretty straightforward to take everything off, etc.  The only thing I really had a problem with was the side mirror bracket coming off.  That thing was attached big time. Anyway, forgot to bring my speakers with me at work but a weird thing came up.  When I closed the door and the truck being off the radio stayed on.  Started the truck up closed the door, turned it off closed door and same, the stereo stays on!!!???  Never has this happened before, maybe in the way it was setup with the speakers and the light not being hooked up??  Anyway, I'm hoping by putting the new speaker in this will go away.  But my question is I have 4 way speakers and I understand the paper original speaker has something that is blocking the highs and the tweeter has something that is blocking the lows.  WTF, what do I do?? Or can I just cut the two wires that go to the original and plug them into the new 6.5??  If so, which wire is which, which is ground and which is positive?? Lots of questions only a few hours to get a response.  Thanks guys.

Yndio

I told you guys the weakness to my super powers........ I don't understand wiring diagrams.  A simple grey is positive, orange is negative response woulda helped. 

Yndio

figured it out guys, thanks.  Only problem I had was after install I brought the driver side window down, guess what it did?? Yep, ripped out the wires from the speaker.  After taking everything off again I fixed the speaker wire so it won't do it again.  NOW my problem lies in the all the windows now don't want to go up or down except for the passenger side window.  Anyone ever have THIS problem??  Haha, can't win I guess.

Yndio

Back