• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

'03 Access To Rear Speaker Wires

roro

All,

I can seem to find a strait answer for where is the best place to run speaker level outputs to my amp for the '03.

The options I see are:

1) behind the c-pillar (better than the boot, but the c-pillar seems to have double sided tape...I may be wrong)

2) behind the HU (very tight job there...my HU will not come out do to the short wires)

3) by the amp...where ever it may be located on the '03 (center console or glove compartment)

Which way is the easiest and best sound quality? ?I should mention I do have the 6-disk Bose system. ?I have the color scheme for the wires...I just want to know where to splice the factory wires.

Thanks all
RoRo

um intercept them at the factory amp behind the glove box (if thats where it is for the 03)

My next bet would be from the B pillar.

Roro, depending upon what you are trying to do (add amp, add new head?), you can grab the wires at the oem amp underneath the center console. If you are trying to add a new head, however, you will need to do more than just that.

Where is the amp in the 03's ??? Center console or behind the glove box? I have no problem trying to remove both (actually the glove box would be much easier) I just want to make sure the amp is there before I start removing plastic.

Any pics out there?

And I am adding an amp and leaving the factory HU.

RoRo

So my factory sub is under the dash and the amp is under the center console....That doesn't seem too efficient.

Time to see how much I have to dismantle to get to the amp.

RoRo

Well you had almost 2 years..how did you make out ???

My factory sub is in the front of the console and the amp is in the rear of it. With the lux amp, the bass does just fine and very efficient for what it is. But that's "for what it is", not for some tastes.

Your question isn't that clear. Are you keeping the bozo crap amp? are you running the wires and want to know where to route them? Or once you know where the factory wires are, you can do the rest...?

There is some info which may assist you: HERE

In your case, just make sure you reference the PREMIUM amp wiring, not the Luxury amp.

Back