• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

FRONT TOW RECEIVER FOR 2002 AV

H

hovercraft

Sorry if the info is already posted but I did not find it. I am looking for a front tow receiver that will mount to a 2002 AV. I have seen them for the Suburban and Yukon but not the AV. Would the Suburban ones work? Just purchased my AV and and am real happy with it but the front tow mount would be very nice to have.

Ok, I am a dork, but I did the search and did not find it. What did I do wrong???? :6:

we took a suburban one and it cut and welded and then welded it to the frame so i can use it for my winch or to move my trailer around and it works great. will post pics soon.

Sunset_Z-71 said:
we took a suburban one and it cut and welded and then welded it to the frame so i can use it for my winch or to move my trailer around and it works great. will post pics soon.

This is something I may do...not to sure? How is the load rating? If and when I get stuck again will it handle the load if using a winch? Thats the only thing I'm worried about. I'm looking into a 9000lb winch but the tow hitch for the back is only rated at 7000lbs. Is it ok to be using these winches on the tow hitches?

I am original owner of a stock 3/4 ton 2002 Avalanche 4x4 8.1 vortex 107,000 mile (one of that last trucks to roll out of the Janesville WI plant) ---- Man, its is hard to find any after market add-ons for this model - plenty out there for the 2002 1500 and 2500 with the large 6 cylinders but not much for the 8.1 

1) it leaks oil like a stuck pig (from basically day one); even dealer said it burns 1qt per/3000miles.  Recently spent $6,000 on engine repairs replacing front and rear mains (3rd set) , every engine gasket; exhaust head gaskets , manifold cover, heads, oil pan, oil pan plug........It finally does not leak, but now I have truck that I have more money into than blue book values...

2) Front Tow Receiver Hitch - finally found a bolt on that fits from CURT, but it took a call to their tech support and a reorder...Web site was is correct that it fits like promised BUT not for the 8.1 Vortex,,,,they have it classes as a Chevy Seirra 2500hd crew cab  CURT PART 31108 got for $118, free shipping, free hitch pin and cover included for me..fits like a glove with 6 fingers - had to trim cladding just a bit. 

love the truck again now that it does not leak - the front hitch is for my protection because I have a tendency to get stuck ...plan to get a portable winch mounted on a hitch plate so I can use it on the front or rear trailer hitch to get unstuck.  :)

I have Waren on Mine Bolted directly on.
had to cut Pas through hole in center of Clading bumper.
http://chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,43014.0.html

Attachments

• h-4.jpg
    h-4.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 43
Back