• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

2003 Avalache where is the flasher module located please help!

eastb0

So when I use my left turn signal my flashers engage. ?I was told its the flasher module curiously enough the same module that has been recalled on other Chev's My problem is I can't seem to find the darn thing can anyone help!  When I called a dealer they told me $70 for part it's located somewhere under the insturment panel I could use help with a diagram if anyone has one

never heard of this recall...

got more info?

Also I think on the 2003 the flasher is built into the BCM... ie done with computer.

If flashers engage when you turn on left blinker..

might be stalk switch...?

have you changed bulbs to LEDs or anything?

ygmn said:
never heard of this recall. . .

got more info?

Also I think on the 2003 the flasher is built into the BCM. . . ie done with computer.

If flashers engage when you turn on left blinker. .

might be stalk switch. . . ?

have you changed bulbs to LEDs or anything?
Look up recals on Trail Blazers and Tahoes there ahas been a recall and it is a seperate module. Dealer said 70 bucks for it but the guy couldn't explain where it was  somewhere under the insturment panel

eastb0 said:
Thanks do you know where this compartment is located? still can't seem to find :-(
from link:

the back side of the left dash fuse panel

Open driver door...

little fuse panel on side of dash... behind this..

eastb0 said:
Thanks how do I get to it?
that is the hard part.... heheh

without looking I would bet the fuse paenl is bolted in and can be pulled out and then you can get to back side..

or ya have to go from underneath

ygmn said:
that is the hard part. . . . heheh

without looking I would bet the fuse paenl is bolted in and can be pulled out and then you can get to back side. .

or ya have to go from underneath
Dealer ship guy tells me its next to left foot  off floor however this dosen't seem correct  I can hear the flasher behind the panel  wonder if taking the trim from under the streeing wheel. . . Is there anyone that uses this forum that you know that may have specific knowledge on this god awful thing?  hee hee

there are some who have access to the repair documents..

they just might not be online right now...

patience....

With the cover off, you can see some large clips that hold the fuse panel in. Un-clip them, pull the fuse panel out some, and you can then locate the flasher (ten-pin) module. It's slightly to the left of where you pulled the panel out.

RB

Sourmash said:
With the cover off, you can see some large clips that hold the fuse panel in. Un-clip them, pull the fuse panel out some, and you can then locate the flasher (ten-pin) module. It's slightly to the left of where you pulled the panel out.

RB
Ok thats helpful Are we talking though about the fuse panel located under the insturment panel left side  there is a large black cover and when I pull that off another fuse section that looks like it have clips  Gawd wish I had a photo  thank you though

MichiganSilver03 said:
Open drivers door on the side of the dash grab the bottom and pull, there is a fuse box on the side of the dash

Click here for picture
Thanks however the Flasher mudule or as some call fasher according to GM and dealer parts guys is to the left of the break pedal off the floor. I'm not looking for the flasher fuse the prblem I am having is determing if it is in the back of that pnel as looking straight at it there is no flasher there

The problem is you asked that question in another post and a lot of your answers are in the other, it's kind of confusing giving answer in both post, that being said it is behind the fuse panel look for clips holding the fuse panel

Good luck

eastb0 said:
Thanks however the Flasher mudule or as some call fasher according to GM and dealer parts guys is to the left of the break pedal off the floor. ?I'm not looking for the flasher fuse the prblem I am having is determing if it is in the back of that pnel as looking straight at it there is no flasher there

Well I went out to look at mine and check. There is a one relay in the box to the left of the brake pedal. But it's not the one that does the clicking for the turn signal.
I couldn't see it. It maybe directly behind the lower bezel that's below the steering wheel or up near the headlight control.

MichiganSilver03 said:
Here is my reply from the other post

[/quote
I understand what you are Saying and I am basically trying to find a definitive answer The problem I'm having is locating the darn thing! he digram you sent me of Sperry's is helpful however it dose not show me where this module is  and again I'm not looking for a fuse this I know. GM and others tell me it is to the left of the steering wheel  not the door side box  So this is my problem. The answer I was seeking was not in previous replies I did locate what seems to be another box right behind the e brake lever and under the dash but the brake cable is taught over it. so don't want to mess with that if I don't need too.

Thanks for your help

Not quite sure what you just said here, but I will try to give you a little more info. It is behind that fuse box, 2 black tabs hold it in one on top and one on bottom. Once you get that out you should see it ( not much room to get it out either) It not screwed in just the tabs hold it.
I don't see that you can get to it from under the dash maybe you could you could take off the lower panel under the steeringwheel, but can't guaranty you can get to it.

GM  did not make it easy to get to.

Good luck

MichiganSilver03 said:
Did you find it ???
No I didn't was not able to remove the fuse box you mentioned no tabs any where and again they are trying to tell me it is under the instrument panel  but off to buy a Chilton's tomorrow or I suppose I could pay the dealer 100 bucks for the module and another 90 for taking the 20 min to peplace it. . Its aggravating as this same module was recalled in the trail blazer

this is getting complicated .... but should not be..

Remove inside driver side fuse pane cover it is a triangle shape.

Flasher is connected to back side of the fuse panel.
one has to remove fuse panel by releasing tabs holding it into side of dash.
then you can find flasher...

Where do you live?

maybe local member can help

MichiganSilver03 said:
Did you find it ???

Found it right where you said it was however for future ref I removed the bezel below steering wheel and had easy access to the rear of the side fuse box. What amazes me is that 3 GM dealer parts guys and 2 techs from GM all told me it was off the floor left of the brake pedal! How could they all be so wrong? Makes you feel confident when taking your vehical in.? Anyway Michigan Siler thank you so much for sticking with me through , what should have been a simple deal? You saved me time and about 120 bucks. Oh buy the way got the part from NAPA for $60 less than the dealer wanted! (y)

TRhanks to all the folks that took the time to step up and offer thier help  I was able to get the problem solved. Without the club I would have spent more money and wasted alot of time... SO a big thanks from Minnesota! (y)

Hi, I got the same problem in my 2004 Av with the flashers.

Now, I read the posts, and understand the clips on the fuse box, alhtough i can't seem to pull it out all the way because there's not much slack.

So how did you remove the bezel under the steering wheel?  I removed two bolts on the bottom of the plastic panel, but it feels like there's clips still holidng the top part of it. .   How do I pull it completely off? I started pulling at it, but stopped cause I'm afraid to break any clips underneath.

eastb0 said:
Found it right where you said it was however for future ref I removed the bezel below steering wheel and had easy access to the rear of the side fuse box. What amazes me is that 3 GM dealer parts guys and 2 techs from GM all told me it was off the floor left of the brake pedal! How could they all be so wrong? Makes you feel confident when taking your vehical in.   Anyway Michigan Siler thank you so much for sticking with me through , what should have been a simple deal  You saved me time and about 120 bucks. Oh buy the way got the part from NAPA for $60 less than the dealer wanted! (y)

Back