Home Resources Forums Nationals Meets Store
11/26/14 11:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Chevy Avalanche Fan Club of North America

Become a Supporting Member

Visit the CAFCNA General Store

Home   Help Search Login Register Bookmark  
Advertisement
Put your advertisement image here...

Advertisement

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Good Bye to All  (Read 10420 times)
NorthFace-no more
CAFCNA 2003 Supporting Member

Still Love the North Face Edition Avalanche- Sold

Awards
« on: 07/31/07 06:39 AM »

Well, I am a little sad  Sad  to have to inform you all that we no longer have the AV.

Circumstances (and priorities) have changed, and it was time to sell the AV and move on.

We will continue to be members, and certainly try to mantain the friendships we made during our time in the club with the AV. We just won't be attending as many GTGs.

Untill the next time,

David

No longer have - 2002 North Face Avalanche, Sage Green, Brush guard, winshield decals, side steps, motorized screen in-dash DVD player, back-up sensor, bug deflector, vent visors.

2005 SOMII 2500 AV. Factory Nav, Bug Deflector, backup Camera, more to come.
www.picturetrail.com/northface_av
bandt0913

yummmm

Awards
« Reply #1 on: 07/31/07 06:42 AM »

sorry to hear that David! Understand priorities have to change sometime!

I'm guessing you mean that the ball mount is stuck inside the receiver?
Your description is rather lacking.
If my guess is right, soak the receiver tube from both ends with something like PB Blaster or other penetrating lube, and hammer at the ball mount SIDEWAYS a bit, not foreward and aft, break the grip of the rust.
MS03 2500
CAFCNA 2014 Supporting Member

Awards
« Reply #2 on: 07/31/07 06:45 AM »

Sorry to hear about the AV, But that doesn't mean you can't be a member and attend GTG's

Hope to see you around 

2003 2500
Freebie
CAFCNA 2008 Supporting Member

Freebeer?

WWW Awards
« Reply #3 on: 07/31/07 07:29 AM »

Bummer!  Definitely hope to still see you around though!

Sold: 02 Z71, FM40s, FTDRLs, All6onHi, All4onBrake, Sail Panel Leds,
Maglite mod, bumper cupholders, billet grille, blue interior glow, ambers! 
EarthQuake

Awards
« Reply #4 on: 07/31/07 07:32 AM »

Hate to hear that David.  It's been great to be around you and your family.  You're always welcome here.
Z66 BUTCH
CAFCNA Cruise Coordinator

I love Dachshunds

Awards
« Reply #5 on: 07/31/07 10:56 AM »

Sorry to see the Avalanche go but we know you guys will always be in our group of friends!

Butch & Joan

Flint4x4
CAFCNA 2014 Premium Member

Awards
« Reply #6 on: 07/31/07 11:33 AM »

Does this mean no more BBQS ? I only got to make one but I'm sure we could help out with Avalanche withdrawal and fill your yard with trucks again ! Cabela's in springtime is likely again, hopefully minus the '07 cold & wind. I'll even let you drive mine in a caravan if you show up  chevy 

"Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education."  - Bertrand Russell
Didit

I love the Chevy Avalanche

Awards
« Reply #7 on: 07/31/07 03:10 PM »

A tear came to my eye when I read this, sorry to see it happen David, best of luck to you and Debbie and the kids,  hope all is well and gets even better.

Didit

ps, btw I sent that baked salmon recipe to Deb's email, did she get it, lol

Mongos Wife

Gee, What color Avalanche should I ask for?

Awards
« Reply #8 on: 07/31/07 07:18 PM »

wail wail wail wail wail wail wail wail wail :

Shels Land
CAFCNA 2007 Supporting Member

Welcome to Shels Land

Awards
« Reply #9 on: 07/31/07 07:23 PM »

David and Debbie,

Sorry to hear this. It has been a pleasure seeing you at GTG's and I look forward to the next one!!!

As is said over and over in this forum...its not just about the truck anymore! Stay in touch and we'll see you soon!

love  love

Shel

'07 LTZ Black, Maglite Mod, SilverStar Ambers, Purple Bowties, FTDRL, Strobes,  I LOVE MY TRAIN HORNS!! THX JOHNB!
Avialanche

Awards
« Reply #10 on: 07/31/07 08:45 PM »

The same here as the Mongo's.

wail wail wail wail wail wail wail wail wail wail

2004 DGM 2500 4x4 Fully Loaded, Z85 Off-Road PKG, 4:10's, 33" Tires, 3" Body Lift, Strobes, 4300K Low Beam HIDS, 4300K Fog HIDS, Deep Sump Finned Trans Pan, Hitch Electrical Plug Relocated to Bumper, Wait-For-Me-Performance Tune, Y91 Luxury Navigation System with Aux DVD Player/TV Tuner, Rear DVD Player, Tint, Iridium Plugs
irontrain
CAFCNA Global Moderator

Chicago BULLS #1

Awards
« Reply #11 on: 07/31/07 09:27 PM »

Absolutely stunned. Dave, Deb anything I can ever help with just let me know. My wife and I truly appreciated your hospitality and hope to continue to see you both regardless of what your driving.

This space for rent
Lu

I love the Chevy Avalanche

Awards
« Reply #12 on: 08/01/07 02:17 AM »

Wave

sure gonna miss u guys. like they said before, even tho u don't have the AV, don't be strangers. come to the GTG's when ya can. enjoy myself there at the independence gtg in june.

keep in touch,

Lu
Mrs. WVAV

My hubby never posted so I took over!

Awards
« Reply #13 on: 08/01/07 02:15 PM »

Just because you said goodbye to your AV doesn't mean you have to say goodbye to your av friends. One of our closest AV families sold their 2nd AV in the spring... and just because they don't have an AV it doesn't stop them from coming to GTG's. And hopefully it won't stop you either. chevy

It was nice meeting you and your family in Nashville. We really enjoyed talking with you all while we let OldVMer entertain us in the lobby with his origami skills. Thumbs up!

Just remember it's the av that brought us all together but, it's the friendships we've made that will keep us together. love

Mrs WVAV
ChevyThunder
CAFCNA 2006 Supporting Member

RESULTS...NOT EXCUSES!!!

Awards
« Reply #14 on: 08/01/07 02:21 PM »

Sorry to hear of your loss david.  Hey..it's just a truck, but the friendships go a long way.
I should know.  Cheesy

Keep in touch and I'll see ya next time I drive across the country.  Wave

Sean

2004 Victory Red Z71
2008 Blue Granite Metallic 3LT Z71
First2Hunt 04

I Love My 04, Modded Z71 Av Missile Launcher

Awards
« Reply #15 on: 08/01/07 02:25 PM »

Sorry that you had to get rid of your Av David, but just stay in touch with all of your friends here in this forum.  Enjoyed meeting you, Debbie and your children at your last GTG, it was a blast, you all are really nice people and with or without an Av, we are all family.  Stan  chevy  

04 WBH, All Options, 8 Train Horns, American Flag Bug Shield, Hvy Tinted Windows, Window Vent Shields, Chrome Tail Gate Handle & Tail Light Trim, Leather, Bushwaker Fender Flairs, K&N Air Induction, Flowmaster 40, Amber DRL'S, Billet Grill, Ultra Silverstar Hi & Lo's, Grn Sequential LED'S & Neon's Behind Grill, 20 Strobes, Orange Neon Under Av, Chrome Body Moldings, Door Edge Gds, Stainless Tail Gate letters, Nerf Bars, Line Of Fire, WAAG Front Runner Bumper Guard, Optima Yellow Top, Power Tail Gate Mod.
First2Hunt 04

I Love My 04, Modded Z71 Av Missile Launcher

Awards
« Reply #16 on: 08/01/07 02:25 PM »

Sorry that you had to get rid of your Av, but just stay in touch with all of your friends here in this forum.  Enjoyed meeting you, Debbie and your children at your last GTG in June, you all are really nice people and with or without an Av, we are all family.  Stan  chevy  
« Last Edit: 08/01/07 02:31 PM by First2Hunt 04 » Logged

04 WBH, All Options, 8 Train Horns, American Flag Bug Shield, Hvy Tinted Windows, Window Vent Shields, Chrome Tail Gate Handle & Tail Light Trim, Leather, Bushwaker Fender Flairs, K&N Air Induction, Flowmaster 40, Amber DRL'S, Billet Grill, Ultra Silverstar Hi & Lo's, Grn Sequential LED'S & Neon's Behind Grill, 20 Strobes, Orange Neon Under Av, Chrome Body Moldings, Door Edge Gds, Stainless Tail Gate letters, Nerf Bars, Line Of Fire, WAAG Front Runner Bumper Guard, Optima Yellow Top, Power Tail Gate Mod.
Sirshopolot

Power To The Avy!

Awards
« Reply #17 on: 08/01/07 03:45 PM »

Cool!  Shocked  wail

David & Debbie,

Everyone has already said it, and it's true.  Keep in touch, attend GTG's, and check in often.

We enjoyed the Independence Day BBQ and Thanks again for the help with the air horn mod David Thumbs up!

Hope this only means your saving for an '08 Av  Thumbs up!

BTW are you still helping with/attending the Das Dutchman Essenhaus GTG   Huh

Sirshopolot
LakeFX

See the U.S.A. in a Chevrolet!

Awards
« Reply #18 on: 08/01/07 09:08 PM »

GOD BLESS AMERICA!
Mdz66

I love my 1st and only Z-66 Avalanche!

Awards
« Reply #19 on: 08/03/07 11:26 AM »

I don't know what to say other than "you have a lot of explaining to do young man".    Just kidding.   But every time you post I expect it to include  I need a hug I need a hug I need a hug I need a hug I need a hug I need a hug I need a hug

02 Forest Green Z-66, Medium Cloth, Grille Gaurd, K&N Cold Air Kit, Gibson Stainless Sport Truck Cat-Back, Tube Side Steps, Silver Stars , Full-Time Amber Drls, 10In Flip Down Monitor, Bose Dvd, Green Underbody Kit, Functional Ram Air Hood, Forest, Green Bowtie, Billet Grill, Mountain Decal In Back Window,  Red Brake Calipers, Aux Tranny Cooler, D&S Rotors
isjustus

I need an updated AVatar

Awards
« Reply #20 on: 08/04/07 09:00 AM »

I haven't been around here much, but glad I met you at the Pipeline GTG in the spring.

2002 Green Av Z71
jnspur
CAFCNA 2009 Supporting Member

WWW Awards
« Reply #21 on: 08/07/07 05:34 AM »

I think Mrs. Mongo said it best with....

I have finally been able to wipe away the tears long enuf to post.  BOOOHOOO!  <sniffle, sniffle> 

DONT BE A STRANGER!  We all still  love U!  I need a hug I need a hug
GoldBowTie
CAFCNA Regional Coordinator

Have you hugged your Avalanche today?

Awards
« Reply #22 on: 01/16/08 07:31 PM »

David and/or Debbie,
Next time you log in, please reply here and let us know how you are doing.

That's right!

2002 Onyx Black Z71  157 MONTHS (Oct 01 - today) of ownership and 65832 miles
142 GTG's attended in: OH, WV, TN, NY, MI, Canada, IN, NH, KY, GA, PA, NC, IA, and MO.

2009 Black LTZ  19 months (Mar 13 - today) of ownership  and 131928 miles (124594 when bought)
10 GTG's attended in: WV, OH, PA and IN

2003 Yellow Z71 WBH  18 MONTHS (Sep 11 - Mar 13) of ownership (101764 at delivery, 111066 at trade-in) Traded for 2009
20 GTG's attended in: OH, MI, PA, WV and IN
Sirshopolot

Power To The Avy!

Awards
« Reply #23 on: 01/17/08 06:13 PM »

I think Mrs. Mongo said it best with....

I have finally been able to wipe away the tears long enuf to post.  BOOOHOOO!  <sniffle, sniffle> 

Ditto  Thumbs up!
 love ya Dave & Debbie

Sirshopolot
Avialanche

Awards
« Reply #24 on: 01/17/08 06:38 PM »

right on with the last two post Wave

2004 DGM 2500 4x4 Fully Loaded, Z85 Off-Road PKG, 4:10's, 33" Tires, 3" Body Lift, Strobes, 4300K Low Beam HIDS, 4300K Fog HIDS, Deep Sump Finned Trans Pan, Hitch Electrical Plug Relocated to Bumper, Wait-For-Me-Performance Tune, Y91 Luxury Navigation System with Aux DVD Player/TV Tuner, Rear DVD Player, Tint, Iridium Plugs
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: