• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

XM Radio Install Help!

rony_espana

Hi Guys,  I don't think I've ever put up a thread, but is there any way to get the power outlet to turn off when I turn off my truck?  I installed a new XM radio over the weekend, but I've already forgotten to unplug it a few times and it drains my battery.

Also completely off topic to my previous question....does anyone know what the max size tire I can fit on the standard 17 inch wheels are?  My truck is not lifted or anything, but want some wider (bigger) tires!!  Been asking everywhere, no one seems to know!!

Thanks a lot!

I'll give this one a Shot, I assumed this is not a Factory XM radio, you will have to find a Switched power source. 

MichiganSilver03 said:
I'll give this one a Shot, I assumed this is not a Factory XM radio, you will have to find a Switched power source. 

No, not a factory xm radio, its the kind you install yourself and power it up with the cigarette lighter outlet.

$2002Chevav said:
Possibly 285/70/17. Check at a tire shop :B:

Yeah I've actually asked maybe 2-3 and they all just say it depends, I've gotten some that tell me they've installed 315 wide tires on stock rims and others that only stock will fit  ???

take off lighter and hard wire...

Cut end of wire you plug into cigarette outlet and then run wire over to fuse panel to fuse that is switched with ignition...

Back