• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Sport Truck Mag Av article - realistic?

TigerRP

I read in Sport Truck Magazine - a guy had a lifted Av, with a Gibson Cat Back, I think a Volant Intake a throtlle body spacer and a superchips programmer and claimed to get 380 Hp.

Could this be true?

The Av was really cool but that seems like a lot of Horses.

Tiger

I saw that. He must've just added up the Manufacturers estimated gains.  :rolleyes:

TigerRP said:
I read in Sport Truck Magazine - a guy had a lifted Av, with a Gibson Cat Back, I think a Volant Intake a throtlle body spacer and a superchips programmer and claimed to get 380 Hp.

Could this be true?

The Av was really cool but that seems like a lot of Horses.

Tiger

Was it crank horsepower or rear wheel horsepower.... If the General can claim 320 crank horsepower off the floor nowdays with the 5.3L and knowing just a good tune alone is worth 25-30 horses at the wheel, one could stretch their imagination to believe 350 ponies at the crank....

If it is rear wheel, then let's put it this way..... the only way to 380 rwhp is with a blower or fairly aggressive cam/head package.....

On the surface, I  :bsflag:

I've got a K&N air intake, performance exhaust, TOG headers, SLP rockers and a Whipple. I think the 380 claim based on my dyno results is way over the top.

So, FlaBouy:

One can expect a strictly stock Av to get 25 to 30 horese fomr a Nelson Tune?

How much extra with an intake and catback?

I thought that article was a little over the top.

Tiger

TigerRP said:
One can expect a strictly stock Av to get 25 to 30 horese fomr a Nelson Tune?

That's a fact jack... proven time and time again..... (y)

Back