• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Best program for leased truck.

03NHAVY

Due to a new position at work and the fact the old Avy was gettin old in the legs, i leased this current one to lower payments while getting me into something new.  At worst it's a learning experience.

That said i would like a programmer/program for the 6.0 to maybe lessen TM but i really would like to get rid of the fuel recirc mode that is noticably making this truck sluggish in the lower RPM's while excellerating.  You can feel when that 4 sec timer is up and all of a sudden this rush of power comes on and you realize what you've been missing and what you really paid for.

Now i need a programmer that would work well, can go back to stock tune in a heart beat, but allow me to gain performance and power and be able to return it at the end of the lease with no problems. I would like something that is real easy to use.  I would prefer to not be sittin on a lap top trying to dial in the numbers.  I want plug and play.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Matt.

I have a Predator Diablosport programmer for sale for your vehicle. Quick in and out install and will do what you want as good as anything except HPT Tuners. Contact me if you are interested.  bbehle@telebeep.com

Leased vehicles have there place in this world. They are great to hammer on for a couple years and then take back.... >:D

Seriously though, a handheld is what you are after, but with that said, don't expect very much in the way of performance gains.... 25-30 HP at best... you will not feel it.. You will convince yourself you can to justify the money you spent, but you can't. You can improve shift points, and reduce the effects of TM, but even that is limited.....

Might I suggest going to a tuner shop with a dyno and have a custom tune done... you will get a better bang for your buck...

Good Luck

Back