• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Pic of xm antenna conenction to factory headunit?

FPapiSalOC

I need to know if anyone knows what type of connection the xm has to connect to the back of the factory head unit. I have a 2005 LT that has bose, 6 cd changer and onstar capable but no navigation system. I will soon go with an after market head unit but for the mean time I want to hook up my Sirius to the stock xm antenna. I have heard tere is a dual and a single line connector adapter needed. I want to see if I can order the right one before having to pull out the head unit to check.

Thanks

FPapiSalOC said:
I need to know if anyone knows what type of connection the xm has to connect to the back of the factory head unit. I have a 2005 LT that has bose, 6 cd changer and onstar capable but no navigation system. I will soon go with an after market head unit but for the mean time I want to hook up my Sirius to the stock xm antenna. I have heard tere is a dual and a single line connector adapter needed. I want to see if I can order the right one before having to pull out the head unit to check.

Thanks

If the stock XM antenna in your truck (unit behind the glove) has a dual lead, you can hook in only the sat connector and it will work.  The sat for the XM is the brown-mustard colored one.  You have to remove that brown-mustard plastic "FAKRA" connector and then you can just press the sat wire into place.

Thanks someone posted a pic of it in another tread. Is this what you are talking about?

xmboxradio.jpg

FYI The 04~06 has a single connector as shown; the 03 is a dual connection.

Back