• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

xm is gone and sirius is in....

Mudcon

SM 2006
god I should of done this years ago. got a replacment box for my avalanche to switch from xm to sirius and now last night got sirus for the atv also. if you have xm, change over to sirius, it is as good as everyone was saying. sounds better and the programming is a hell of alot better.

glad you enjoy it and thanks for the quick review.  I was thinking about moving to XM just because my HU in the Av doesn't give complete details on the Sirius broadcast.  Maybe I'll just deal with it.

I've had both in the past few years.. As soon as the Free Xm is over with in my new Av I will be switching over to Sirius...... >:D

I had XM for free until recently. No way I'd pay for XM. I have Sirius with my Dish Network, love the rock channels. QUESTION: How does that replacement box work to switch from XM to Sirius? Thanks.

Shayne

i just unplugged the xm box and plugged the power straight into the sirius box, took the antenna end peice apart which just unsnaps and stuck the antenna straight in the box, bent the tab out alittle to make it nice and tight and I am using the xm antenna.  works great.  I just wedged the sirius box above the xm box so I didnt have to take it apart and so if I sell the truck I just yank it out.

also here is the stereo set up on my atv, just just attached it below the stereo unit. 

Attachments

• STEREO.jpg
    STEREO.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 117
Back