• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Tranny cooler Installed

d10mike

SM 2007
I installed a Aux TOC this past weekend and wanted to thank you all for the great info on this site.  It was a very smooth job, from popping the grill off to painting the mounting brackets black to hid them.  I will be towing  a TT this year and feel much better now that the TOC is in. 

Let me know if anyone wants Pic's or has any questions i will try to help.

Bulkpart.com TOC

Edit: Loooong link

It was not that bad. Running the new lines being the biggest hassle but certainly not enough of a hassle to pay the stealership to do it :love:

CATD10 said:
I installed a Aux TOC this past weekend and wanted to thank you all for the great info on this site.? It was a very smooth job, from popping the grill off to painting the mounting brackets black to hid them.? I will be towing? a TT this year and feel much better now that the TOC is in.?

Let me know if anyone wants Pic's or has any questions i will try to help.

http://www.bulkpart.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=2&Product_Code=4490&Category_Code=tru-cool-lpd&Product_Count=4

Sounds good CATD10. Pics and how-to's are always welcome. Congrats on the install

got a tranny cooler to install myself...post some pix (y)

I have a new 2007 AV without the tranny cooler. I pulled my 3500 lb "boat/motor/trailer" for the first time Saturday and the transmission was running around 210 degrees. Is that too warm for longevity? Without the boat, it runs between 170 and 190 degrees.

Finally got some pics of the TOC up.? I should have took them as i installed it.?

This Top Hose is the goesouta

Attachments

• Temp Pics 090.jpg
    Temp Pics 090.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 413
This is the goesinta from the radiator goesouta.

Attachments

• Temp Pics 096.jpg
    Temp Pics 096.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 405
This is the Tranny Return (Goesouta) out of the radiator.? This line runs to the bottom intake (goesinta) of the TOC.

I removed the K&N CAI to make this job a lot easier.  (Its the lower hose.)

Attachments

• Temp Pics 092.jpg
    Temp Pics 092.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 397
The brackets came with the kit.  I recommend painting them before the install.  I also cut off the bracket on the sides so they didn't stick out.  The Black Gloss paint was all i had, its not even noticeable once the grill is on.  I cut and painted the brackets the next day once i saw how bad it looked with the silver shining threw the grill. 

Attachments

• Temp Pics 095.jpg
    Temp Pics 095.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 394
Very Simple install overall.  I was a little concerned with using the barbed fittings but feel confident now.  I checked them everyday for about a week and found nothing no leaks.  Another notable observation is the fact that no Tranny fluid was spilled during the whole install, not a drop.  (No Mess)  I added a little less than a quart when i finished to makeup for the cooler.

Attachments

• Temp Pics 094.jpg
    Temp Pics 094.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 392
Looks good!
icon_thumright.gif

Looking good dude!  Can't wait to start mine

Here's how I positioned mine

Attachments

• installed cooler.jpg
    installed cooler.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 382
gwh1bass said:
Here's how I positioned mine

Yes I have seen your install Looks Good.  Mine is a 22000btu cooler and didnt have many options when i put it in Because of its size. 

Looks good CATD10. I didn't even think about mounting it sideways. gwh1bass, yours looks good too. Here's one more pic for those of you still thinking about doing it. Mines a B&M cooler also using hose rather than hard lines. Very easy to install. I highly recommend this mod.

Attachments

• trans_cool_strobes2.JPG
    trans_cool_strobes2.JPG
    81.4 KB · Views: 378
Mines the B&M also.  Was a piece of cake to install after I figured out how to remove the grill

gwh1bass said:
Mines the B&M also.? Was a piece of cake to install after I figured out how to remove the grill
Grab and Pull... and don't worry, it doesn't need ALL the clips to stay back on  >:D

Yea I broke the clips between the light units.  No one knows but me!

gwh1bass said:
Yea I broke the clips between the light units.? No one knows but me!

Chopped_Burban said:
Grab and Pull... and don't worry, it doesn't need ALL the clips to stay back on  >:D

Ya i did too  (dont tell anyone) :laugh:

Back