• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

sirius on 03

grumpygrampa

Have a Sirius and would like to use this unit so I can have it work through the radio on my 03.
Directed Electronics Connect SIR-GM1 GM Vehicles SiriusConnect? Tuner (SIR-GM1)
Would anyone know if this unit would work through the Aux, it mentions for Sat.  ready units.

Thanks

grumpygrampa said:
Have a Sirius and would like to use this unit so I can have it work through the radio on my 03.
Directed Electronics Connect SIR-GM1 GM Vehicles SiriusConnect? Tuner (SIR-GM1)
Would anyone know if this unit would work through the Aux, it mentions for Sat.? ready units.

Thanks

It won't work into a straight-up AUX input, if that's what you need to use then you'd be better off with one of the "plug & play" units.  I think for that year you'd need a "band" button on the radio for it to be SAT ready.  If your radio has one you can likely use the SIR-GM1.

I just got the unit and have the band button so it looks like it will work. Short T cable so looks like it will be a close fit for where to mount the tuner.

Thanks for the reply.

??? The T-cable is not long enough to reach from the back of the radio to behind the glove box.
Has anyone used the T-cable with this installation?

Thanks

grumpygrampa said:
??? The T-cable is not long enough to reach from the back of the radio to behind the glove box.
Has anyone used the T-cable with this installation?

Thanks

When I installed it in my Vette I didn't plug it into the radio.  The factory harness that's at the radio behind the glovebox plugs into the "T" cable as you describe it, and then that cable plugs into the radio.

Back