• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Moddin and Parts Swap at GTG

irontrain

PM 2014
PM 2013
PM 2012
SM 2011
SM 2010
SM 2009
SM 2008
SM 2007
SM 2006
SM 2005
SM 2004
SM 2003
We have the GTG at North Face No More's house coming up quickly and I was wondering what mods if any, members had planned? Anyone have any parts for mods that they've changed their minds about? I "spoke" with Dave and he's okay with this but we are limited by space so painting the cladding or letting Avialanche do an engine swap is probably out of the question.? :cool:

Gary is going to put on a few decals for me!  :love: I have some FUZZY DICE in several colors  :rolleyes:

I need to look around, I sold most of what I had at MCM but bet I can find a few goodies! If my NEW BELLTECH LOWERING KIT comes in and I get it installed I may have the 3" rear drop springs that are in there now for sale.....

Butch

I have my original under the rear seat 10" subs in seperate enclosures. Also have a 3 piece engine cover brand new never installed.

Irontrain said:
I have my original under the rear seat 10" subs in seperate enclosures. Also have a 3 piece engine cover brand new never installed.

:nopics:

Didit

Irontrain said:
We have the GTG at North Face No More's house coming up quickly and I was wondering what mods if any, members had planned? Anyone have any parts for mods that they've changed their minds about? I "spoke" with Dave and he's okay with this but we are limited by space so painting the cladding or letting Avialanche do an engine swap is probably out of the question.? :cool:

Engine swap!!!..............................Hummm..............................who needs one??? >:D >:D >:D

Didit said:

Here's a pic of the underseat subs
429880_9_full.jpg

Attachments

• 100_3039.jpg
    100_3039.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 87
  • 100_3040.jpg
    100_3040.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 87
one more

Attachments

• 100_3041.jpg
    100_3041.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 84
I will have a Corvette trans servo for sale, brand new $25. How about some FUZZY DICE? :cool: I have them in several colors $3.50 a pair......

I was hoping to have that lowering kit installed by the time this GTG rolled around. The mod garage is not available yet so it will not be installed......it is to big of a job to do up there isn't it? It is the full kit, a 3-5 drop that includes drop spindles for the front and the Nitro Drop shocks all around.

Butch

Maybe Mdz66 and blackchev can finally do the remote locking tailgate thingie install to my AV?

jnspur said:
Maybe Mdz66 and blackchev can finally do the remote locking tailgate thingie install to my AV?

I'm pulling up the lawnchair to watch and learn on this one. Hopefully learn some shortcuts then I want to do mine and add some contacts to the alarm system, tailgate and sides. Right now just using the Bundy/Louiseville.

I got my new antenna and will bring it with me. Maybe some of us can come up with a cool place to mount it. Anyone know how to pull the stock radio out so we can plug the antenna in?

Butch

Attachments

• Antenna.JPG
    Antenna.JPG
    13.7 KB · Views: 29
underside of hood?????

is it magnetized, need velcro, sticky stuff, super glue??

Didit

Didit said:
underside of hood?????

is it magnetized, need velcro, sticky stuff, super glue??

Didit

All I know is that it has the antenna lead and a ground cable......I do not think it is a magnet. They talk about mounting it under the dash. If we can fish the factory antenna cable out and this new one back through the same hole we can mount it anwhere under the hood.

I just checked on an 05 radio in the garage, it appears to have the same plug in thingy on it that that thingy on your antenna goes into!    BTW what happened to your other antenna mod?

Didit

Didit said:
I just checked on an 05 radio in the garage, it appears to have the same plug in thingy on it that that thingy on your antenna goes into!? ? BTW what happened to your other antenna mod?

Didit

It is still there it's just that I lost some reception. Some days are worse than others and this is SUSPOSED to be a better antenna that will gain all that I lost and more.

Butch

Back