• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

PCM - Power Control Module ???

gandolphxx

Charter Member
helmet said:
he, he, he, ?>:D >:D >:D

Do I have to take my chip to someone to have it, uh, "fixed"?

Too bad some of those young punks that are capable of hacking into NSA headquarters won't focus their deviant talents on something more productive, like altering the Chevy ECM for a more exciting ride. >:D

helmet

There are things that you can do to reduce the conservative factory programming.

1. Use tow/haul mode in the city to pep it up - other threads have described this trick.

2. Keep it in 3rd in city driving, OD is a curse on busy streets, just a lot of gear hunting, IMHO, and the pep is noticeable.

3. Use HPP3 to adjust shift firmness and points - described elswhere also.

4. research SuperChips - they "claim" better results than HPP3, I would suggest doing a fair amount of research before I leapt.

5. Ed Wright @ Fastchip has done many cars and trucks - again do a lot of research, this is you main computer that controls the truck.

6. MTI [Houston] does LS1 and truck chips, mine is there right now, results next week...

7. Wait for ls1edit to become available for the 2002 5.3L & 8.1L and become your own custom PCM programmer/tuner - this is way on the "other side of the block".

Thats all I can think of for now, more later. >:D

"I'm not going to tell you much more of the case, Doctor. You know a conjuror gets no credit when once he has explained his trick, and if I show you too much of my method of working, you will come to the conclusion that I am a very ordinary individual after all ." Sir Arthur Conan Doyle :D

Back