• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

First Trip To The Track

Butch

Charter Member
SM 2004
SM 2003
Went with My Buddy to the track yesterday., to base line the truck without the Whipple.., here's how I ran it.., removed bed mat, spare tire, and jack.., ran 75 lbs air in the front tires..., 29 psi in the rears.., added a can of Octane Boost, to be sure there was no knock retard..., best times where with using Autotrack.., Brake Torqued it.., was seeing almost 2800 r.p.m stall....., truck was Very Consistent (should have run bracket) but only time trials.., best time was in the evening, temp was 76 degree's... 60ft times where in the 2.00s.., low first gear in the new trans, the new converter, and 4.10s worked well for launching the truck..., best E/T was a 15.18 at 88.8 m.p.h..., didn't really play with it much.., just wanted to get a baseline of what the truck would do..., all in all..., I was pretty pleased considering the weight of the truck, and a basically stock engine.., there was a guy there with a Vortec Supercharged 2001 Tahoe.., He couldn't even match the times I was running.., but the truck was basically all stock, except for the Blower, and He had 3.73 gears., but His m.p.h was showing the difference in power up top.., He was running 92 to 93 m.p.h.., but it was a Two Wheel Drive also.. Stopped at the local car show on the way home.., there where to Blown trucks there.., a Silverado with a Whipple, and a Yukon with a Vortec.., nice looking trucks., we had a good B/S session.., guy with the Whipple was impressed with The Av.., and the times I had run with it, with no Blower.., and told Me of a local Corvette shop..., the Burned out the Torque Management on His truck..,., told Me to call them when I was ready.., that they did a great job on His..., said it made a Big difference with the Whipple on.., He had the Aquamist water injection on His, and said it worked Really well.., and He's had no problems since He put it on... Oh well..., time to get My Butt in gear, and get the Whipple on.., Oh.., the guy with the Vortec, had to admit.., there's no Matching the Whipple for Shear Brute Torque..., and a little shot of Nitrous would sure give Plenty up top ?>:D ?Just thinking ?;)

Thanks for sharing Butch.... those are good #'s for beefy truck that is stock.... looking forward to hearing how your mod's help.

Great numbers Butch, very impressive, I think that rearend helped a lot. I may have to put mine on a diet.

When are you going to get that Whipple on?

BTW, did the guy with water injection say where he was putting it in?

He's got it tapped into the elbow, where it turns to go into the intake manifold gandolphxx......, when I talked to Whipple they just said..., make sure its Down Stream of the Supercharger.... They said..., the water is not good for the internal workings of the Blower, even though it does cool it.... Thats the same spot I was looking at tapping it in, close to the manifold for good atomizing.

Back