• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

XM Cutting in and out

TKE927

SM 2008
SM 2007
:help:  I have been having reception issues with my XM and don't know where to start looking for problems.  I have the factory Bose w/nav but no dvd.  For the last 2 days the XM cuts out about every 10 seconds, like I am parked under an awning or going under an overpass.  There is one spot where on my commute that it cuts out every day, which is a dead zone for just about everything, but now it does it non-stop.  I live in a pretty flat area, and even parked the signal will go away for 5-10 seconds, come back for a couple, and then go away again.  Can it be a problem with the wiring?

Good question I know that it will cut out at times if under things that is normal but I have been having problems too and some times it cuts out completely for a long time.

I think that XM has had some service issues recently.? I had it with mine, and have heard several members state the same thing.? I point the finger at XM.

Well that is good news, I guess.  As long as I don't need to tear my dash apart.  And XM pays my bill this month  >:D  Thanks for the info guys!

Freebie said:
:help:  I have been having reception issues with my XM and don't know where to start looking for problems.  I have the factory Bose w/nav but no dvd.  For the last 2 days the XM cuts out about every 10 seconds, like I am parked under an awning or going under an overpass.  There is one spot where on my commute that it cuts out every day, which is a dead zone for just about everything, but now it does it non-stop.  I live in a pretty flat area, and even parked the signal will go away for 5-10 seconds, come back for a couple, and then go away again.  Can it be a problem with the wiring?

I think it is something wit the XM sats.  I am having the same problem the last couple of days.  I can be at a dead stop and the signal will go in and out.  I have checked the wires and not seen any lose connections.  Going to call today if I get a chance to check with them and see if anything is happening.

I have been noticing what seems like a loss of signal too

My "dead zones" normally involve parking garages, thick forest, mountain passes, tunnels or tall buildings that block a SW exposure. I can understand those.... however, I've been experiencing the XM loading message more frequently lately and am thinking they have made an adjustment in their satellite feed somehow... or my receiver has an issue

they have problems...

http://apnews.excite.com/article/20070522/D8P9G9900.html

Thanks for the link!  Hmmm, sounds like a good reason to call XM and ask about my subscription... free receiver for my house?  >:D

Freebie said:
Thanks for the link!  Hmmm, sounds like a good reason to call XM and ask about my subscription... free receiver for my house?  >:D

they have been giving $100 off radios to subcribers...  so some were free... now it's not as much off so the cheapest is 5.99......... :wave:

I noticed my service cutting out yesterday too...  stupid XM

Same thing happened to me here also. No signal on the repeaters but got a alright signal from the Sat in the truck.

Went to the XM Fan forums and found out there was a service problem with Sat1 and all the Terr. repeaters were down.

Signal should be back up now. I've got a good signal now on my Inno which yesterday I wasn't getting anything.

Living in the mountains, I am so used to the signal cutting in and out that I didn't even notice that they where having problems.  I still miss Sirius ...  :E:

Mine was skipping in and out this morning but worked fine when I was out at lunch. Looks like they have fixed it.

They just had a segment on the news about it.  they said it was  software glitch that made them lose the signal with one of the sats.  Everything should be back up.  Good thing.  My fiance came home yesterday and was complaining about it.

Back