• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

MCM would have been better if.......

trAVelingman

Silent Avalanche RIP
Now that we all have had the time to reflect on the Event, what would have made it better for you?  I know that the rain spoiled a couple of things, but not much we could have done about the rain. 

I personally know that we will have contingency plans for events that get rained out in the future.

We will definitely have a larger parking area the next time.  It really didn't SEEM that small when EQ and I scouted it out earlier this year, but now we know.

We will have Registration "times" in the future to allow the Coordinators the time to actually visit with the attendees.

MCM would have been better if.....

1. I could've been there longer.

2.  I wouldn't have waited to get in the official hotel and been forced to stay at a different location.

3.  I would've won ALL the Loot!! >:D

4.  I had one of the "kewl kids" Avs.

So you see John and Scott, as usual, it's ALL MY FAULT!!!!!! :E: :E:

I could not think of much other than what you said.  I think next time since I don't like sitting in a Car for 7 hours I'm going to have a buddy take it there in his semi

MCM-2007 was great!

so.....how about you :love: telling "us" .....should "a" attendee or "any" non attendee with combined total site postings exceeding 7k, .....Expected MORE? ..... :B:

Parking Garage would be nice so modding could be done rain or shine. I really enjoyed myself so much I dont know anything you could do to make it better. But I am sure you will. >:D

I still can't believe with ALL your connections you STILL let it rain!

:beating: :beating:

:kidding:

For me it would have been better if I had not had such a rough start to 07 and not turned into a hermit once I got there.

MCM  :beating:  Me

For us it would have been better if we could have spent more that ONE DAY there!! Maybe next year, no graduations then.............
I LIKE that idea of a inside parking garage! I saw the Corvette Funfest on My Classic Car today. They had a GARAGE set up at their event that was hosted by sponsors. They had a lift or two and were installing exhausts etc. Of course the installs were arranged and paid for in advance but it was cool watching them work!

Butch

Maybe if you could arrange for there to be 2 Saturdays and 2 Sundays that may help....lol. We had a great time! Wish we would have met more people...but that's what next year is for, right?. Thanks for having us!

John, your ideas are great. ?I like the idea of a pre-arranged check in time each day and it'll be up to me to check in. ?That gives you guys a little time to enjoy yourselves too and that's what should happen, the guys who put all the work into it should have some fun. ?The parking garage is a good idea. ?

The only thing with planning so many things, i.e. some things later in the day is that the entire day feels planned for you. ?Makes it hard on modders to get things done and still be a part of the activities. ?Also for those who are a little more "laid back", (me) there is such a thing as over planning, that's what my wife does on our "vacations"!! ?

The only other thing that I can think of that would REALLY make a difference, and I saw it at STI last year and MCM this year is if there was some place to mod that didn't cause issues for the management of the hotel. ?STI had cops show up because of train horns, MCM had the management come out because we were gathered in front of the doors during the rain, possibly some issues with the train horns at MCM too, but I didn't see any. ?But in general, something gets said when modding is done in the parking lots. ?I heard one guy told someone outside that he would never allow folks to gather like we were doing at his hotel, and our member asked "not even if they had 85-90% of the hotel rented for the week?" and the guy agreed that maybe he would at that point. ?I hope I don't sound like a party pooper or anything, I don't mean to do so, that's just the one thing that really stuck out to me as the only issue to be dealt with.

If the dinner and prizes would be held on Friday because Saturday i have to go to bed to early to head back home...... just a thought. :D

The simple answer is that had DougD been in attendance, the event would have been amazing beyond belief :)

The weather.......But you had no control over that. Other than that, everything to me was awesome :love:

DougD said:
The simple answer is that had DougD been in attendance, the event would have been amazing beyond belief :)

Since no one knows what you look like maybe you were in attendance and that is why it WAS AMAZING BEYOND BELIEF!

:eek:

Butch

Z66 BUTCH said:
Since no one knows what you look like maybe you were in attendance and that is why it WAS AMAZING BEYOND BELIEF!

:eek:

Butch

John knows me :)  He's one of the rare and privileged few to have seen me.

I guess we got lucky and it was amazing without you then! >:D

Z66 BUTCH said:
I guess we got lucky and it was amazing without you then! >:D

That's my point, imagine if I had been there!!!! >:D

DougD said:
The simple answer is that had Dune been in attendance, the event would have been amazing beyond belief :)

I agree! Av Fox and I were all greased up ready to spin those wheels and write our names on the side of Dune's Av.? ?>:D?

I wished we; as a collective group, could have done more together. ?When I think back to what we (Jess & I) actually got done, it didn't amount to much; Coyote Ugly Friday night, the track on Saturday morning and the show and dinner Saturday afternoon. ?I had two mods to install and did neither. ?We met several members and seen allot of trucks but not enough. ?Plus we didn't even get to go shopping other than @ Oviedo's one-stop-shop. ?I would have liked more time to compare audio systems, exhaust systems, and the samples that were supposed to be there. ?(I never did see the subthump samples that were there) >:D I would have liked to have ridden in Trannyman and KYBob's trucks. ?>:D ?Sleeping-in after Coyote Ugly and the rain on Saturday played a big part ?>:D

BTW For a hotel who's normal rate is $150+ a night, the "breakfast" was pathetic! ?I'm sure most members have stayed at hotels for allot less and actually got Breakfast.

As far as I am concerned, the time spent at MCM was just too short, between the rains, the time thief done a lot of robbing.  Yes, the parking lot was a bit too small, but that makes us all better Av Parker's, there were no scrapes between parking Av's that I heard of, that in itself was a miracle, chuckles.  :eek: And yes, the Continental breakfast was a little drab and sparse, it needed some cooked meat and Eggs, etc., but the apples were free, laugh laugh.  All in all, MCM was a real blast that will be remembered for many years to come, and just remember, it could have P*ssed down on us solid for all four days, and really spoiled everything that was planned, just my 2 cents worth.  :B:

DougD said:
John knows me :)? He's one of the rare and privileged few to have seen me.
    I've met DougD as well... Well Sorta. I didn't recognise him without the lower half of his face concealed. I was gonna mod on his but we were in Orlando, and Skycraft Surplus is there and I had a fist full of $20's. What can I say some people like Strip clubs. I like Mod supply shops.  :help:
    As far as a smart butt statement. MCM would have been better for me if I won the bedslide I so desperately need. In a serious answer having access to power in the parking lot would have been nicer. But I was able to cope just fine without it.
JB

FIRST2HUNT2004 said:
Yes, the parking lot was a bit too small,

IMO? :B:

..... the GTG coordinatior has a difficult challenge locating and communicating with "Host Hotel" operators that allows GTG coordinator(s) the freedom to use hotels facilities to satisfy "expected needs" of attendee, including family members, commercial traveling site guest, as well as "unexpected needs" when recruiting GTG sponsor(s).

.....the hotels "parking lot" is #1.

JohnBChef said:
I've met DougD as well... Well Sorta. I didn't recognise him without the lower half of his face concealed. I was gonna mod on his but we were in Orlando, and Skycraft Surplus is there and I had a fist full of $20's. What can I say some people like Strip clubs. I like Mod supply shops. :help:
As far as a smart butt statement. MCM would have been better for me if I won the bedslide I so desperately need. In a serious answer having access to power in the parking lot would have been nicer. But I was able to cope just fine without it.
JB

I didn't know I needed modding? :)

Although I'm still staring at that tailgate lock kit in the box on my bench.  Gotta be 15 months now.

Back