• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Performance Meters - Alternative To Gtech

C

carrerarod

I am new to this board and apologize if this topic has been beat to death. I saw another thread asking about the G-tech performance meter. IMHO, it's a piece of junk compared to this one. Many of us Porsche racer's use this and we see many folks at the track that use this product. I have no affiliation with the company, just sharing. They also have other cool products you guys/gals might find interesting.

Performance Meter Intro

I agree, though they are coming out with a substantially improved model later this year.

I have the Tazzo and find it convenient and very accurate.

Carrerarod, do you see many truck owners using this meter at the track? Sounds interesting. . .

i have the gtech and it works great. the only thing thats a pain is that you have to find fairly flat ground to use it on. other than that is is pretty accurate. Alex

I think a performance meter might prove useful for our trucks if you plan on doing some performance mods. These little devices would give you baseline and how much gain your mod gave you.

The problem with the Gtech is exactly what the previous poster wrote, getting it level. Maybe not be a big deal in our trucks but I know pulling 1.0G in a POrsche around a track, hard to keep that thing level.

Race-Technologies AP22 provides pretty good data. However, if you are into serious vehicle performance, I'd recommend the VC3000PC from Vericom Computers in MN.

I use this in my accidend reconstruction business and it is by far the best on the market today.

A little pricy but maybe a few of you could get together and purchase the VD3000PC as a group. At $2200, it may be a little too costly for occassional use.

Cheers,

Reade

I'll chime in here with my first post. I use a device called a G-Cude (from www.extremegeez.com) on my BMW M5 when I autocross. It consists of a cube that you mount in your car, connected to a Palm Pilot for storing the data. When you finish your run you upload the data to a program on a laptop / desktop computer and it plots the course you ran using the left and right G forces recorded as well as the acceleration and deceleration forces. It tells me that at times by large sedan can sustain 1G for about .5 seconds.

Back