• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

How To Question: Tune Up

arsenik

Sorry for this guys , but I couldn't find it in a search.  Is there a how-to with pictures somewhere on how to perform a tune up to a 2004 avalanche vortec v8?  I wanna get e3 plugs, good wires, and a new distributor cap and put it on myself but I've never done anything like this.

Some good news for you :love: You don't have distributor cap to worry about !! And wires are all the same length, cant mess that up :love: If plugs and wires take you more than 30 mins I would be surpised :D But just make sure you start the plugs by hand. Dont want to strip the holes :B:

OK do you have a friend who has done a tuneup before, maybe you can get them to help ya.
Changing spark plugs and wires are easy, how do I put this, there is no distributor cap in a AV. Just take the old ones out and put the new ones on

remove and replace each one at a time.  this way there is no chance of you mixing anything up.

i have not replaced the plugs, but i have replace the wires with ThunderVolt 50's.  big difference in throttle response.

thanks for the help.  I thought all cars had a distributer cap haha. 

Back