• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

JohnBChef=Mod addiction Yes or No

Is JohnBChef a Mod Addict or not

• Total voters

JohnBChef

SM 2004
? ? ?It has been suggested by... Hmm... Well, Just about everyone that I might have a slight impulse control problem when it comes to modding. Some have even suggested that they can hear the gears whirring, or see the the diagrams and blueprints evolving in the back of my head. Others have even suggested that I go into business full time and mod for a living. A suggestion I have rejected every time. You see my screen name is JohnBChef. Consequently I am a professional chef and It is a VERY stressful job. An old chef told me that with my passion I would burn out very quickly if I didn't get a diversion. A diversion that wasn't at all like what I do for a living. Consequently I mod. About 275 days of the year I work as a professional chef for 8-12 hours a day. About 60 days of the year I am sedentary, running errands working on od ball projects around the house normal putzing around. Giving me around 30 days a year to hang out with my Avalanche Club Brothers, Sisters, Mothers, and Fathers.
? ? ?How about a few Definitions...
junk?ie [juhng-kee]?noun Informal.
1. a drug addict, esp. one addicted to heroin.?
2. a person with an insatiable craving for something: a chocolate junkie.?
3. an enthusiastic follower; fan; devotee: a baseball junkie.

ad?dict [n. ad-ikt; v. uh-dikt]?noun
1. a person who is addicted to an activity, habit, or substance: a drug addict.?
?verb (used with object)
2. to cause to become physiologically or psychologically dependent on an addictive substance, as alcohol or a narcotic.?
3. to habituate or abandon (oneself) to something compulsively or obsessively: a writer addicted to the use of high-flown language; children addicted to video games.

? ? ?Okay So I admit I may have a slight addiction but for 30 days out of the year! It could be a lot worse right??? It could be worse I could be Yakmar He's a drug dealer!!! (okay so he does that legally) Okay I could be Dune! (No, My stuff usually works after I finish with it...sorry I couldn't resist the dig) Anyway I am curious what everyone thinks I know that I love to mod even when it drives me crazy. Well that and the reaction on peoples face when I say, "I am about to drill a really big hole in your truck. I can't just undo that. are you sure you want me to???" Then they say Sure, Go for it.
    So Go for it CAFCNA Let me know what you think. Maybe I touched your truck. Damn It's been a lot of trucks!

We love you anyways, however I don't want to see you touh a tool or anyones truck at the next GTG here in NC!!!  You need to sit in the hot tub with a bunch of chicks with a margaritta!!!

After this weekend I would definitely say it's an addiction, but who's saying that's a bad thing?  >:D

CodeBlue'sWife said:
We love you anyways, however I don't want to see you touh a tool or anyones truck at the next GTG here in NC!!!? You need to sit in the hot tub with a bunch of chicks with a margaritta!!!
    I am not gonna mod at this GTG. The Kids are. I'm just gonna supervise, and Dring my Margarita and Chill! Hot Tub??? Oh Hell yeah!

After having John work on my Av, and working beside John while working on others, he does have an addiction.  But in this case, it's a very good thing!

We all love ya and everything you do for all of us!  :love:

JohnBChef said:
? ? ?It has been suggested by... Hmm... Well, Just about everyone that I might have a slight impulse control problem when it comes to modding. Some have even suggested that they can hear the gears whirring, or see the the diagrams and blueprints evolving in the back of my head. Others have even suggested that I go into business full time and mod for a living. A suggestion I have rejected every time. You see my screen name is JohnBChef. Consequently I am a professional chef and It is a VERY stressful job. An old chef told me that with my passion I would burn out very quickly if I didn't get a diversion. A diversion that wasn't at all like what I do for a living. Consequently I mod. About 275 days of the year I work as a professional chef for 8-12 hours a day. About 60 days of the year I am sedentary, running errands working on od ball projects around the house normal putzing around. Giving me around 30 days a year to hang out with my Avalanche Club Brothers, Sisters, Mothers, and Fathers.
? ? ?How about a few Definitions...
junk?ie [juhng-kee]?noun Informal.
1. a drug addict, esp. one addicted to heroin.?
2. a person with an insatiable craving for something: a chocolate junkie.?
3. an enthusiastic follower; fan; devotee: a baseball junkie.

ad?dict [n. ad-ikt; v. uh-dikt]?noun
1. a person who is addicted to an activity, habit, or substance: a drug addict.?
?verb (used with object)
2. to cause to become physiologically or psychologically dependent on an addictive substance, as alcohol or a narcotic.?
3. to habituate or abandon (oneself) to something compulsively or obsessively: a writer addicted to the use of high-flown language; children addicted to video games.

? ? ?Okay So I admit I may have a slight addiction but for 30 days out of the year! It could be a lot worse right??? It could be worse I could be Yakmar He's a drug dealer!!! (okay so he does that legally) Okay I could be Dune! (No, My stuff usually works after I finish with it...sorry I couldn't resist the dig) Anyway I am curious what everyone thinks I know that I love to mod even when it drives me crazy. Well that and the reaction on peoples face when I say, "I am about to drill a really big hole in your truck. I can't just undo that. are you sure you want me to???" Then they say Sure, Go for it.
? ? ?So Go for it CAFCNA Let me know what you think. Maybe I touched your truck. Damn It's been a lot of trucks!
See I told you it was fun to pick on Dune. Byron and I must have rubbed off on you at the Waffle House.

Dear John,

My name is Sean. I am a Leo. I am 6'-0 and a well rounded person..(thanks to my wife's cooking). I don't like holding hands or long walks in the park, but I do like to MOD. You are so dreamy. I have been waiting for someone like you to walk into my life. I watched you as you worked on my AV @ Garber. The way you caressed her, I saw your passion. I think you should come to Palm Coast for some MODing. I have a big fenced in back yard for Jack to play in...I don't even care if he poops back there. Please feel free to bring your tools and ideas with you. I have longed for you MODing guidance.

Yours truly,

Stingray

PS Because I have 2 kids that equals broke so bring your "cheap" mod ideas......but I have all the groceries you can eat >:D

Seriously John, You are brilliant at what you do, and I appreciate the personal help you have given me in person and on this forum :D

JBC

You know you can have the keys to my AV anytime. ?Your one of the few that I trust without hesitation. ?You are my mentor in mods and my friend for life.

Mod On!!

Don't forget there Stingray. Modding fuel for JohnBChef is powered by...
Icy Cold
Mountaindew.PNG

John, you're a mod F-I-E-N-D in the highest regard. Wouldn't let me click ALL the boxes on your poll... :wave:

Shayne

JohnBChef said:
I am not gonna mod at this GTG. The Kids are. I'm just gonna supervise, and Dring my Margarita and Chill! Hot Tub??? Oh Hell yeah!

Sounds a lot like a person that says this is my last mod.

I wanted to vote 3 times myself

Yes. He's fine hand him your keys. That crazy look is a good thing! Mod On!!!
Dear Lord, I pray for him. (To get to my truck next!) 
Yes, But he seems to like it. I'd give him my keys any time! Mod On!!!

I'm with Av Wolf, the same three choices.

And I don't have an Av yet!  But I know I would trust JB with my keys, and anything else I hold dear.  He just inspires that kind of trust. 

-Jeff

Like the vote shows though

No. Of course not he's just like the rest of us. Mod On!!! ( 0 Votes )

There should be a new bow tie made - MODDING MASTER

I wish he would use this addiction on my Av...that's all I can say!!

as one person who can not-so-bashfully >:D say that I have worked under JBC, on top of JBC and side-by-side with JBC on numerous occasions.... he is a true mod-artist :woot:

I :love: you man!

:mo:

sssMOkinAV said:
as one person who can not-so-bashfully >:D say that I have worked under JBC, on top of JBC and side-by-side with JBC on numerous occasions.... he is a true mod-artist :woot:

I :love: you man!

:mo:

:nopics:

trAVelingman said:
JBC

You know you can have the keys to my AV anytime. ?Your one of the few that I trust without hesitation. ?You are my mentor in mods and my friend for life.

Mod On!!

Beautifully stated, brother....I totally agree. I love him as if he we're my own son or brother  :love:

Mod on bro  :love:

well, since I was installing strobes with you at 3am...after I installed a midgate box, I have to say you seem fairly normal to me.

trying to think... have you ever modded my Av? 

You are an inspiration... While watching you repair TrAVelingman's sail panel lights in the rain, you made it look so easy.? I even went out and bought one of those soldering iron thingies to attempt the sail panel lights on my own.

For the record, I would be afraid to throw him my keys.... (because my aim is bad and I would probably hit my truck!)? >:D

Again, thanks for helping with my HID's!

I think your fine John. ?You just like doing it and helping others, just to see their admiration and gratitude.
I've seen how you react when you believe someone is taking advantage of you, You can change and stop.
Keep up the great work, the only thing I can offer is let someone help you when you are working,sit down and relax and drink a beer.
Start pointing and giving directions alittle more. Thanks for the stobe install ?See ya at the next GTG ?:wave:

I don't think of it as an addiction at all.
It's pure talent, a willingness to help others and a desire to do things that others might not want to try.

MOD ON JOHN!

Vetman

Back