• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Top Speed Limiter

M

Mad-Avalanche

I am sure you guys have all discussed this before but for me as a new Avalanche owner it is a new subject. Can anyone please tell me why there is a top speed limiter and what do I do to bypass it ?

To keep from over running the speed limit of the stock tires Mad Av...., the Hypertec Power Programmer gives You the option to raise it.., up to 128 m.p.h...., as do some other Programmers......

Hey Butch or anyone, could you tell me how and what do I do to get my hands on the hyperlink power programmer ?

Mad-Avalanche said:
Hey Butch or anyone, could you tell me how and what do I do to get my hands on the hyperlink power programmer ?
Here ya go;
Thread on HPP3

Yea, I wasnt aware of the limiter until I hit it.....oops.
My GPS says max speed was 99.8, speedo was just a tick off on the slow side showing closer to 98. :9:

Sunset_Z-71 said:
Put the hypertech in my av yesterday before the So Cal meet and i can verify the Avalanche is great at 118 Mph nice and solid.
How long did it take to get to that speed?

not very long at all! not sure on exact times. at 110 Mph the truck shifted into overdrive!! i know i could have gone faster but my exit was comming up so i let off. i will get some exact time numbers this week and let you know.

I haven't stretched my z71av all the way out yet, but I wound it up tight in first gear and hit a rev limiter about 5900. it upshifted without moving the lever to second then, I wondered if the computer records the highest rpm reached like the evinrude outboards i work on do . can chevy see that on my computer??

got_change said:
I haven't stretched my z71av all the way out yet, but I wound it up tight in first gear and hit a rev limiter about 5900. ? it upshifted without moving the lever to second ?then, I wondered if the computer records the highest rpm reached like the evinrude outboards i work on do ? ? ?. can chevy see that on my computer??
Don't lose sleep over it, you can always say you went for a DYNO test - they can't tell anyway.

Your PCM, unless modified, will automatically continue to upshift no matter what you do - Transgo is the solution to having the beast do what you want it to. >:D

Hey, if I put the HPP3 in my AV, do I need to upgrade my tires?

The HPP3 doesn't require anything but, if you plan on driving fast you need to have a tire rated for that speed.

Back