• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

best horse power

brock_07 said:
Who gets the best horse power and how do you get it?

Depends on what it is going on and what it is used for..... hundreds of ways to build HP in our rigs...

and "best" is very subjective..... :wave:

IMO - cheapest and easiest:
Maggie MP112 w/ WCCH 90mm TB conversion.
GT2-3 Cam
WCCH Edelbrock Heads
*shud result in at least 450rwhp dependably. Maggie will supply the tune.

brock_07 said:
Who gets the best horse power and how do you get it?

How much money do ya want to spend?  How are you going to use that power?

As stated, best is very subjective. 

You can build on the top end and never get to it in daily driving
You can build in a "daily driver" usable rpm band
You can build for towing
You can build for offroading

First define your goals and budget

dhpro said:
IMO - cheapest and easiest:
Maggie MP112 w/ WCCH 90mm TB conversion.
GT2-3 Cam
WCCH Edelbrock Heads
*shud result in at least 450rwhp dependably. Maggie will supply the tune.

I can easily cut about 1500 bucks from that build out and have you at 500 rwhp..... on a daily driver....>:D

Guess I should back that claim up.... >:D

Non-intercooled Vortech on stock motor - $2000 cheaper than the maggie and gets you to 403 rwhp by itself without breaking your drive train....Vortech supplies the base tune

With the GT2-3 you will also need to install at least Comp 918 springs to deal with the lift. These should be covered in the head package. This cam is a popular cam, but I recommend the Vinci cam over this cam with a centrifugal blower package. Vinci cam and GT2-3 are basically the same price... I run the Vinci cam with their 1.85 accelerated lift rockers. The 216/224? cam is indexed 5* and has a pretty powerful idle, although it has little to no lope when tuned correctly... provides a .589 lift when coupled with the rockers.

WCCH Edlebrock heads.... nice heads.. Richard has come a long way with that package.... $2150.00 is comperable to the Stage 2 Patriots I run. I have 2.02/1.59 Ferrea titanium valves, Patriot gold dual beehives, and heads were shaved to maintain stock 9.5/1 compression with stock combustion chamber size with a .040 cometic gasket. Flow on both heads are comperable. Price delivered completely assembled was $1950.00

Then we get to the 900.00 WCCH J Tube conversion. It includes a GM 90mm TB, new GM TAC module, harness adapters, sealers, bolts, and o-rings....very cool mod.... not necessary with the centrifugal. Spend 400.00 for a water/meth kit and the other 500.00 on HP Tuners so you can tweak your tune....

Take 500.00 from the 2000.00 saved by going to a centrifugal vs the maggie and spend it on the 1.85 rockers....

You have just built 500 RWHP for 1500.00 less than the maggie making 450 rwhp.....

and BTW...... I have just explained most of my buildout... September will be two years on a daily driver that takes weekly trips out of town....

.. as for "building power at the top end where you never get to it..." what are you talking about, a NASCAR circle track motor running 8000-9000 rpm?? >:D? ?

Hehe, personal experience shows me that between 2000-3000 rpm, my setup is making as much, or more torque/hp as the Maggie 112... of course that is only reflected on a dyno sheet, so we all know you cannot believe those things.... :D?

Towing? yes, you can tow with this buildout... I tow a 5000# boat on a dual axle trailer out of town on the interstate.....

OffRoading?? who wants to offroad.... :laugh:

Don't take any of this seriously....Just my .02 cents...... (y)

just out of curiosity...

2 grand for heads
900 for hpt and meth kit
500 for rockers
how much would that first paragraph set me back?

Avalanche Wolf said:
NO JOKE !? You looking to adopt any kids FlaBouy ?? >:D

Please keep this on the downlow........ I will be swarmed by maggie owners spewing garbage... >:D

I give rides for free... all ya got to do is come to Panama City..... :wave:

Avalanche Wolf said:
Yah but that might would be detrimental to my marriage? >:D

Read my siggie... You don't have to marry me to get a ride outta me.....

:laugh:

BTW, where is Spring Hill? I am driving up to Gordonsville on Wednesday to visit an old Zinc mine .....

START? SPRING HILL, TN?
FINISH? GORDONSVILLE, TN?
Total Distance: 78.9 miles, Total Time: 1 hour 10 mins (approx.)

overviewmap

Looks like you guys will get the flyby... I come up 65 to 840 and make the eastern jog.....

Avalanche Wolf said:
We are about 5 mins off 65 and 396 ( Saturn Parkway )

give a holla

Hmmm, somehow I smell the opportunity to make some money here..... :D

What would it be worth to ya for me to drive the Av..... >:D

KANE07 said:
Not the cheapest....................but I love my Supercharger from Magnuson

hey ,  :welcome KANE07 all the way from red deer!!

Back