• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Long and Slow or Fast and Hard..

How do you accelerate?

• Total voters

amd1900mp

Silent Avalanche RIP
PM 2015
PM 2014
PM 2013
PM 2012
SM 2011
SM 2010
SM 2009
SM 2008
SM 2007
SM 2006
SM 2005
SM 2004
SM 2003
With the current gas pricing and all the talk about gas milage I thought it would be interesting to see the results of this question.

Todd

Although it kills the pocketbook, I always seem to be running late for work in the morning and wanting to get home at night... drive it fast and hard!

I tried to check both, if I am not in a hurry I try to keep the RPM's under 2K, but if I am in a hurry. :drive:

I checked fast & hard but I had to think about it first, given the choice I accelerate slowly. I find I don't have that option often, you gotta hit the hole in traffic when it opens. Add in a few jackrabbit starts just for the fun of it and playing in the snow  :drive:

I try to keep it under 2,500 rpm all the time. When the engine is cold, under 2,000 until it get up to operating temp.

farmguy said:
When the engine is cold, under 2,000 until it get up to operating temp.

I always do that.  I try to let it warm up a couple of minutes before leaving the garage and I really baby it till it's up to normal temp.

:beating: JT..keep mind out of gutter....

Ok, I would have to answer long and slow also, but just because of the lift, extra weight, 3.73 gears etc. Plus it's embarrassing to have that big puff of smoke behind me if I just punch it...dont wanna look like some diesel guy.

Not the kind of survey I was expecting.... >:D

Both.  But tend to be Fast and Hard, I could really careless how much gas prices are....

i said fast and hard!! can't worry about gas prices,they're going to getcha whether yah like it or not, just like insurance,taxes,and health care :E:. besides if gas was a major issue, i wouldn't be driving an avalanche!! LOL:cool:

Interesting comments so far.. It's great. Keep'em coming!

Todd

KY_BOB said:
I installed a supercharger so I could drive it slow.

Yea, right? >:D

I drive like he does :rolleyes:

I think my fuel guage moves down as fast as my speedo goes up :help:

FIRST2HUNT2004 said:
Slow and easy, especially if some butt hole is riding my rear bumper

I do that on occasion, waag rear bumper guard  :love:

I go long and slow mostly - it really helps the MPG. And I love pissing off the tailgaters. :laugh: :laugh:

Of course, there's times when I gotta punch it! Always fun...

For the most part slow and long. But, sometimes you have to get on it.
And I love pissing off the tailgaters
Question for the tailgatehaters? You guys are not the ones doing the speedlimit in the fastlane are you?

I could be soooo bad with this title . . . way to lure me in Todd >:D

Depends on my mood.  With mine, it only seems like it goes long and slow, or longer and slower.  :laugh:

I really need some more power under the hood, then I can go fast and hard >:D

bonesaw said:
I could be soooo bad with this title . . . way to lure me in Todd >:D

I was going to call it; Slow Ride or Harder Faster..

amd1900mp said:

The answer is: Foghat or April Wine.  ???

I voted for slow and easy, with the understanding that I don't slow down too much for corners.  I love those Hotchkis sway bars.  >:D

amd1900mp said:
I'm wondering how this got posted almost a month ago and the usual suspect haven't :jacked: it already.

Edit: Nevermind.  I see that Mo did find her way in here.

Back