• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Superchips 5.3 & 8.1L GP Finally Ready

Status
Not open for further replies.

spf973

:)
Just ordered the SuperChips unit #2505, for $429.00 including shipping. ?Supposedly 35HP & 41Ft-Lbs......We'll see. ?The install procedure is pretty specific, and they want the DRL's and all other accessories (radar, Etc) off when going thru the re-prog.
Won't have a chance to install it untill 8/12.

Made title more descriptive

Keep us posted on the results and how the install goes. Do you have a web sight where yhou ordered the chip?

Gary

spf973 said:
Sorry, the site is www.superchips.com....they're down in Fla. ?Their site is pretty elaborate, and they have definitely been working on chips from the gitgo; they took a LONG time on this chip...so hopefully it will be killer right out of the box.
JM

link no workie for me! www.superchips.com doesn't seem valid ???

Just noticed your sig...Cobra: original or replica?

A little more expensive than the Hypertech solution. I wonder if they offer something better or in addition to the Hypertech for the extra money?

Also, trying to figure out if the superchip solution would allow us to go back to stock like the Hypertech solution. I sent them an email asking all these questions.

:D

Wow! I'm impressed... 5 minutes for them to reply to my email. Here are the answers:

"YES THE PRODUCT IS OUT FOR SALE AND IT DOES LET YOU GO BACK TO STOCK AND IT HAS SOME USER OPTIONS, LIKE GEAR CHANGES, TIRE SIZE, AND REMOVAL OF THE SPEED LIMIRTER."

Master Gandolphxx: what do you think? Stick with the proven Hypertech or have fun with this product? ???

I asked superchips what the difference between their product and Hypertech. In a nutshell 2 things: they do not require us to change to a 160 thermostat and the other is they claim that hypertech only tunes at wide open throttle and they tune at all throttle positions.

I am diffinatley interested in a group buy. I would still like to hear from the master gandolphxx and get his valued opinion. We also need to hear from anyone that had done this superchip mod and get their input. How bout it..

Gary

Aegis said:
I am diffinatley interested in a group buy. I would still like to hear from the master ?gandolphxx and get his valued opinion. We also need to hear from anyone that had done this superchip mod and get their input. ?How bout it..

Gary
Folks, these guys have been around for awhile, shouldn't be a big risk, but I would definitiely wait for somebody to report on the 8.1L version first before I jumped into a group buy. ;D

I spoke to Superchips today and suggested they log on to the CAFCNA site. They also sent me torque and power curve info. If you have excel I can forward the files to you. Hopefully they will register and we will have a source for chips and product info.

Gary

gpfahler@earthlink.net

Hopefully Superchips will post info here soon. You can call them on the 800 number. I think they are making the chip for all the GM power plants.

I found a place that will sell them 10 units at a time for a good discount from the $429 retail. This is the SuperChips unit#2505 (2002 Chevy Avalanche with the 8.1 liter).

I need 9 more people. If you are interested contact me through e-mail at avalanche@oraclegeek.com
and I will setup a one time group buy (I want one now :) )

I also sent them the club contact info so they can setup a permanent group buy on the store partner page if they are interested.

WOW !! :eek: What a deal.. I gave them the club info also.

I want one. Let me know.

Gary

gpfahler@earthlink.net

WHAT WILL THIS CHIP DO BESIDES INCREASE HORSEPOWER AND DECREASE FUEL MILEAGE. THE ENGINE ALREADY HAS 340 HP AND GETS 10MPG ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back