• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Transgo Or Superchip? Can One Replace The Other?

SoCalZ71

Charter Member
Hi all,
In reading about excessive/premature transmission wear and reading about Transgo kit and the Superchip re=programmer changing the shifting points and making them firmer, can I use the Superchip in place of the transgo and reduce the wear on my tranny? I realize that the transgo is a kit and has to be installed and the Superchip is a reporgrammer.

Thanks

They are complimentary, not substitutes.

The Transgo kit will stiffen your shifts and lenghten the life of your transmission, at the cost of a stiffer shift - less heat and wear.

The Superchip [like the HPP3] will adust the PCM to improve shift points and general performance with higher octane gas.

Thank for the response,
because they are complementary, you would recommend both? If I do both does the transgo defeat the reprogramming?

Thanks again

SoCalZ71 said:
Thank for the response,
because they are complementary, you would recommend both? ?If I do both does the transgo defeat the reprogramming?

Thanks again
Only in one small way - once you put in the Transgo, do not have the chip "firm up the shifts", it is already taken care of. Thats the term for the HPP3, I am not sure of the label for the Superchip.

Other than that, they will work like peanut butter and jelly. >:D

Back