• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Diablo Programmer...alternative???

lbotkin1

Having read all the Superchips horrors ?I am torn between the Hypertech and this new unit .......
Diablo Sport.

Its called the Diablesport. ?Looks and sounds like a winner.. ?any thoughts?

url shortened by admin - shc

Suggested retail is $499.00 this piece smokes the rest in my book. You can download different programs from the web! Plus the unit is universal so you can use it on your vette, tahoe or whatever other chevy you have. All you need to do is download the correct program.

THey are going to be available in a week and my friends store is getting setup as a dealer. Good thing is the company has distributor/tech center about 50 miles from me :)

Lorinser_1 said:
Suggested retail is $499.00 ? this piece smokes the rest in my book. ?You can download different programs from the web! ?Plus the unit is universal so you can use it on your vette, tahoe or whatever other chevy you have. ?All you need to do is download the correct program. ?

THey are going to be available in a week and my friends store is getting setup as a dealer. ? Good thing is the company has distributor/tech center about 50 miles from me :)

Is this in SoCal? Are you gonna try it?

The company I am going to get the unit from is in Florida they are a distributor for Diablosport. From the info I got on the phone this piece should be much better than the Superchips unit. They guy at the distributor said he had heard of Superchips products causing all the headaches people are having. He said this is nothing new as they have had problems in the past.
My buddys performance store is going to be a dealer, he said he should be able to do a price much better than the $499 retail. Even for that much its still a good deal considering you are not locked to one vehicle like superchips and hypertech products. Plus the unit functions as a Tech II tool.

Johnny_D said:
Here is another one to consider, Jet Performance Chips

http://www.jetchip.com/

It's a chip install.
I have a brand new one, in the box, Stage 2 #20007s - I got it at the same time as I decided to go with the Whipple, so I never installed it.

I will gladly part with it for $200, I ship in the US - first offer gets it. This is for the 8.1L

gandolphxx said:
I have a brand new one, in the box, Stage 2 #20007s - I got it at the same time as I decided to go with the Whipple, so I never installed it.
This is for the 8.1L

The heck with all these silly chips, let's do a Whipple GP!

Hey gandolphxx,

I am still hoping that the SuperChip will be O.K. for my 8.1L. anyone willing to quell my inhibitions?)

But if the SuperChips thing does not pan out, you can rest assured that I will calling on you for your Jet chip.

Boo.

I live 3 miles from PDQ performance. The Diablo chip is nicer than superchips. I also live within 5 miles of the Superchips main office. I can get you the Diablo much cheaper. My buddy is a dealer. I almost became a dealer but decided against it. It is a great product, though..... :eek: DO I HEAR GROUP BUY?

Lorinser_1 said:
The company I am going to get the unit from is in Florida they are a distributor for Diablosport. ? From ?the info I got on the phone this piece should be much better than the Superchips unit. ? They guy at the distributor said he had heard of Superchips products causing all the headaches people are having. ? He said this is nothing new as they have had problems in the past. ?
My buddys performance store is going to be a dealer, he said he should be able to do a price much better than the $499 retail. ?Even for that much its still a good deal considering you are not locked to one vehicle like superchips and hypertech products. ?Plus the unit functions as a Tech II tool.

This does look like it's worth checking out. So let me get this straight, we can buy 1 and all share it?? (not saying we should but we could?)

You could certainly share the internet upgrade account for downloads.

After reading the web site it seems that the programming works across the entire RPM range.
This seems like a no brainer when you consider the cost of the superchips and the hypertech. The Diablo has more versitilty and features than anyone else.....

I learned my lesson. I will stick with a proven product. Its Hypertech for me. I called, and it DOES work throughout the power band. Certain features are WOT features, like rev limiter adjustments.

Proven Products from here on out!!!

From what I understand you can be a programming dealer or a software dealer. If you are a software dealer than you can program but will have to download software for each vehicle you intend on doing. Something tells me that they have some security to avoid the "one guy hooking all his friends up" deal. I already thought of that :) Personally I would rather have the unit so I can make my own adjustments.

My friends store said he can do 10 pieces @ $375 each plus tax ( if in Florida) and shipping. This is the way I am going to go... The whole superchips deal has me turned off on there products. Heck they cant even admit a problem!

BooTheRedneck said:
Hey gandolphxx,

I am still hoping that the SuperChip will be O.K. for my 8.1L. anyone willing to quell my inhibitions?)

But if the SuperChips thing does not pan out, you can rest assured that I will calling on you for your Jet chip.

Boo.
Folks, I gave my opinion of this in Superchips 5.3 & 8.1L GP Finally Ready - unfortunately we now have a raft of new tales of woe to add to the list. :7:

The Diablo does look like a nice product, especially with the diagnostic tool built in as well.

I too am curious as to the Diablo's performance gain. Need a dyno report!

Maybe the Diablo could be a group buy if this SuperChips fiasco keeps heading in its anticipated direction. Anyone willing to take a shot at getting a GP?

If not the Diablo, maybe the HPIII. HyperTech boasts the same Hp gains as the SuperChip.

This is a mod that I am set on performing, regardless of the manufacturer. ;D

Wiki said:
I learned my lesson. ?I will stick with a proven product. ?Its Hypertech for me. ?I called, and it DOES work throughout the power band. ?Certain features are WOT features, like rev limiter adjustments.

Proven Products from here on out!!!
This is worth repeating! Time tested and proven! Have we learned nothing at all?!?

Back