• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Please Help On Hypertech 3 Settings

O

onebadavalanche1

hi i have a 2002 av with flowmaster force 3 and a k&n intake installed i do notice a diffrence in prower and improved gas milage i now have just purchased the hypertech 3 programer , i have changed the settings to the +3 +6 +9 with rev limitt up to 6100 and shifting set to firm running regular octane this was recommended by hypertech but i do not see any gains at all , im wondering if there is any other sets anyone has tryed to give the av a big boost for city driving and another setting for highway , and if anyone could explain what the +3 +6 +9 means i have no clue on this tuning thing any help would be great , thank you in advance for all your time

modified title - shc

You should be seeing a change more noticeable than the ones from your other modding. Are you sure that it is properly installed? The +3, +6, and +9 are the additional mph your tranny will stay in 1st, 2nd and 3rd gears under wide open throttle (wot). Here is a link to a thread already going that should help you out:

Hypertech Settings

Back