• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Superchips Results Poll

XRover

Charter Member
SM 2003
So here is where we can see the results and formulate a real opinion between us participants.

Please take the poll only if you personally programmed your AV with the Superchips Micro Tuner.

It all boils down to statistics.

Success versus failure rate............

I will happily go first :mad:

Well as I was the 2nd victim I should go next. :-[

I think I've posted more than enough info on what happened in the other treads.

Plugged it in read the firmware code, finger twitching near button, fear set in. Mind took over and unplugged unit before hitting button. Palms still sweaty from the experience.

How about adding an option on that poll that says, "Staring at box, will not trust Superchips EVER AGAIN"

That will be my vote!

H_Bear said:
Plugged it in read the firmware code, finger twitching near button, fear set in. ?Mind took over and unplugged unit before hitting button. Palms still sweaty from the experience.

LOL!

I was going to reply "Be a Man"! Push the button! Then realized that I don't have the clankers to push it either :6:

Hang in there...Tom will have a solution for us soon!

Actually, this whole incident could be HyperTech's next marketing campaign....

Took the superchip home to Norway ! Plugged inn ! Follow the instructions ! Push the Yes button !! The superchip failed :3: Av will not start :3:
:6: :6: :6:
The superchip is with UPS on a travel to Florida together with my AV brain ! :6: :6: No AV driving for a long time :8:
Cost me a lot of $$$$$$ :7: :7: :8:

Almost tried it at lunch today. Called Superchips to have them walk me through the process and chickened out while on hold (I was number five in the queue).

I'd really like to see more statistical evidence that this fails numerous times before sending the unit back for a refund.

I have the 2295E and would hope that Superchips would show their true colors and provide some assurance on this board that either their product works with our AVs (actual test results) or admit we're the beta group and they have no experience to date and to hang tight.

tick tick tick tick tick

My hat is off to you guys who went (or are going) through the issues mentioned with the Superchips. I commend you for the level of maturity upheld while troubleshooting your dead/injured Avs. The member's analytical approach is one of the traits that separates this club from many of the others on the web.

XRover, thanks for posting this poll. It will be interesting to see the results.

H_Bear said:
Plugged it in read the firmware code, finger twitching near button, fear set in. ?Mind took over and unplugged unit before hitting button. Palms still sweaty from the experience.

;) Good answer.

Received my Superchip tuner yesterday (9-17-02) it is the 8.1 liter version
#2505 for my 2002 Chevy Avalanche 2500 it has the build date of 8/28/02 version
2505E firmware. When I went to install it (outside the dealership, just in case).
When it gets to the point of saving the factory PCM settings to the tuner it comes
up with an error message

:D:
"Calibration MISMATCH ERROR CALL SUPERCHIPS".
:D:

I had to reset the PCM on my Av before it would start again.

I tried to program my truck again this morning after leaving the battery on a
trickle charger all night. I also checked the current draw on my truck with a Voltage Meter
with everything turned off and the ignition on and there is a very small draw (enough
to keep the clock set right on the radio). I received the same error this time, but
my truck did start without resetting the PCM.

Today I called Superchips and after setting on hold for 20 minutes spoke with a tech support rep and
received a RA# and just sent the unit back to SuperChips for repair.

I have had great luck with Superchips in the past so I will give them one more chance to send me a working tuner.

Way to go Johncw. ?Me too, I cann't give up now after waiting a whole month.

I'm gonna be the first sucessful 5.3L and knock the socks off the other wennies.
Need chips >:D

2-me

It's one thing to make a mistake... admit it... correct it... and move on. So far from Superchips, all we're receiving is "The Company Line". Covering their a$$es if you ask me. When is someone over there going to step up to the plate, admit their screw-up, make the fix, and offer to swap ours out with free shipping. I mean... after all the dust settles, who's goinig to reimburse us for our original shipping costs from Tom? Tom shouldn't have to eat that! If he does... Superchips had best reimburse him! What a MESS!! :6: There's no way in H*** that I'd consider doing business with any company that does not test their product before distribution to the general public! It's a trial lawyer's "wet-dream"!
Come On Superchips... Do the right thing... or face the consequences of a whole lot of lost business... and a whole lot of negative feedback!

-------Bow:B:tie

Guys

Not defending Superchip, but they admitted to me they were having problems. And on another post, "Gluggo" said he installed sucessfully on a 5.3L.

I'm gonna hit Superchip daily with a phone call and an email till I get the results we want.

Need Chips >:D
2-me

2-me said:
Way to go Johncw. ?Me too, I cann't give up now after waiting a whole month.
2-me

lemme get this straight - the product has some specious claims about what it does vs. other proven reprogrammer units, the product has a failure, no wait make that a damage to your Av rate of over 50% on the 5.3 - and still now we have people who can't wait to try it out on their Av?

I guess, since we are al buds here, I won't tell you what I think of the logic :2: , in fact I promise never ever to look at the super duper chips topics again, for fear that I will find my Av brothers are still lining up to take their chances, and paying handsomely for the "privilege"

We are all looking for the golden egg. The Superchips tuner seemed to be it. We all assumed that just because the egg looked golden it was. ???

My golden egg hatched into a big bad T Rex and gobbled up my PCM :8:

BAD DNA I THINK ;)

Maybe a Diablo/Predator now.

2-me said:
Guys

Not defending Superchip, but they admitted to me they were having problems. ?And on another post, "Gluggo" said he installed sucessfully on a 5.3L.

His was a rev "B" an older unit. Mine and all the GP are rev "E" (which must be for Eraser).

Superchips never admitted a problem exist with the 2295 tuner to me. But as the Engineering Supervisor said he wouldn?t recommend trying another one and recommended I take the refund well that?s enough evidence of a problem for me.

So basically the 8.1l superchip programmer is the only one that works, and the 5.3l totally screws up the AV, and in most cases kills the onboard computer. Is this pretty accurate!
So what is the problem, why is the onboard computer not accepting the commands? Did Chevy build some kind of failsafe into the unit so that if some one tried to modify it, the thing would just lockdown completely.
Well this royally sucks! I was planning on getting one tommorrow, but know I have to put that on hold. :mad:

So does anyone know when superchips will have the problem resolved? And would it be economical to get the HPP3 now and then trade it against the Superchip when it is fixed. Supposing that you could exchange them at a dealer that sells them both.

Thanks, James R.

james21 said:
So basically the 8.1l superchip programmer is the only one that works, and the 5.3l totally screws up the AV, and in most cases kills the onboard computer. Is this pretty accurate!
So what is the problem, why is the onboard computer not accepting the commands? Did Chevy build some kind of failsafe into the unit so that if some one tried to modify it, the thing would just lockdown completely.
Well this royally sucks! I was planning on getting one tommorrow, but know I have to put that on hold. :mad:

So does anyone know when superchips will have the problem resolved? And would it be economical to get the HPP3 now and then trade it against the Superchip when it is fixed. Supposing that you could exchange them at a dealer that sells them both.

Thanks, James R.

Two options, wait till the problem is fixed and take a gamble with a company that slammed it to us hard ( without KY jelly) or go with the HPP3! ;D

My av is a 8,1 !
Car will not start :6:
Hope to get the computer and chip back next week!
No trip to the mountains this weekend :6:

Who here believes in Guardian Angels...?
I called TBYRNE today to get a tracking number for my Superchips (I have a Hypertech on the way too, and wanted to make sure I refuse the correct delivery) and was informed that there must have been some kind of misunderstanding... that A SUPERCHIPS WAS NEVER ORDERED FOR ME!! ;D ;D Now... under normal conditions, I'd be mightily P.O.'d, but... in light of all the problems... I lucked out!!! Now... Where's that Hypertech?? >:D

-------Bow:B:tie

so you guys are saying that I am the only one who has not had their avy killed by superchips and it works awesome? I have to be one lucky dude because nothing usually goes right for me. I hope you guys get your avys back on the road again, that sure sucks for you guys. I also hope you get a refund for the microtuner or get it straightened out with super chips.

Alex

Back