• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

New Performance Programmer On The Marker? Or Not

zeeya2000

Charter Member
SM 2003
???Just found this on Ebay and as much as i watch the bay, this is the first time i have either heard of or seen this one. Has anybody tried it or heard of it.
I don't like the comments added about no gurantee and all that, sounds kind of fishy qoute "only 1 of 10 in the states" ???
Looks like it has a lot of functions that give you more control than the HPP3 that i run. That is if it works????
Ebay - Predator - Diablo
zeeya

This is for real - there is a review by Mustang Mag on the product -

Here is some info from the web page ******
Priced at $695, it might be stretching it a bit to call the Hellion affordable. However, other diagnostic tools, like those found at Ford dealerships and other repair shops, cost thousands of dollars. Plus, when the computer re-programming information becomes available at the DiabloSport Website, that function alone will make the Hellion worth the price of admission.

The Hellion is now available from DiabloSport distributor PDQ Performance Warehouse near Orlando, FL. To order, contact PDQ at 1470 Tropic Park dr., Sanford, FL 32773; 407-321-5644; www.pdqperformance.com; e-mail to pdqchips@bigplanet.com.

Blueruck: The auction is for something called the Predator. It looks similar to the Hellion. Is it the same, or something different, or bogus?

I could not find info on the Predator on DiabloSport's web site (although I didn't look very hard.)

I agree with zeeya, sounds a little suspect. I wouldn't want to risk my money or truck until I heard more about it. Especially reliability info with Avs. Remember how quickly SuperChips turned into a four letter word? :rolleyes:

-- SS

Just thinking back on the Superchips experience makes me get goose bumps.
scared05.gif
I am glad I went with Hypertech and learned my lesson the last time.....stick with what you know works.

MOD ON

Wiki

ShapeShifter said:
Blueruck: The auction is for something called the Predator. It looks similar to the Hellion. Is it the same, or something different, or bogus?

-- SS

Good Point SS - I looked at the pictures of the products and they were the same. I now wonder what the Predator is :)

Blueruck said:
Good Point SS - I looked at the pictures of the products and they were the same. I now wonder what the Predator is :)
Your earlier post contained this excerpt in the review you posted:
Plus, when the computer re-programming information becomes available at the DiabloSport Website, that function alone will make the Hellion worth the price of admission.
Could the Predator be an enhanced Hellion with the computer programming ability? ???

If it's so new, it would explain why there's only a few of them available. However, if this is something so new and wonderful, why doesn't the manuafcturer's site have anything to say about it? I'd think it would be full of hype!

Maybe we're just being overly cautious and suspicious. Still, I'm gonna wait until there's a few success stories before I consider spending my money on it.

-- SS

If you can read the codes and do HPIII type tuning that would be great.

My Av has been throwing check engine soon codes the last few weeks. This summer I wasted $100 to have the dealership tell my UPD was loose, I always unhook the battery for an hour to see if the code goes away.

I think the current codes are from me having the TB heater shut off on cool mornings - I opened the valve to see if this goes away.

I would love to be able to see what the code really is about instead of unhooking the battery and being hopeful it goes away :)

I am with you SS - I will wait to see what the market has to say about this product. If it is hot, then production will go up and maybe the price will come down. Since they only have 1 dealer listed, this product is far from hot :0:

Here is the link to the web site on the unit. Not to familiar but when it get popular and less expensive will look into it more! :0:

2002 AV Z71, Leather, Sunroof, FIPK,Flowmaster 40, Superchip (Older Version),

http://www.rpmoutlet.com/diagm.htm

Well I lied, got to try this so I went out and ordered it today! :eek: :rolleyes: :-[ I had the Hypertech and now I am using the Superchip so I might as well be the Guinne Pig and give it a try. So much for waiting for better prices at least they will guarantee it at $429.00. Call me crazy I will probably regret this but cant help it. At least I can say the State of Alaska is paying for this. Here in Alaska they are sending me a check for $1540.00 for being a resident (y)and living here so at least I can say the State is buying this one. It is called the Alaska Permanent Fund, I just have to pay the taxes.

2002 AV Z71, Leather, Sunroof, FIPK,Flowmaster 40, Superchip (Older Version), Soon to be the Predator

JRyther said:
Damn, time to move to Alaska. ?Minnesota has some of the highest taxes in the nation. ?They really pay you to live there huh? ?Might have to re-arrange things a little.

On to the subject. ?Please let us know how this thing works. ?I have the hypertech and have been very happy. ?I would like to have the code reading feature as well. ?If this works as well as it says it does this could be a good buy. ?

Hey Tom, can you sense a group buy coming? ? ;D ?

Keep us informed.

Jon

Hey Jon you can count on it I will let you know how the unit works. I was thinking of driving over to a dealership and tuning the truck there just in case. With this being a new product name well you never know. Am I being to paranoid? By the way you have a nice truck I like the setup looks good. It is amazing how much better the truck looks with the lift and tires.
Believe it or not use to be a Crap Dealer in Las Vegas and use to have Mike Tice play on my crap table. Small world eh! Later!

2002 AV Z71, Leather, Sunroof, FIPK,Flowmaster 40, Superchip (Older Version), Soon to be the Predator

BE CAREFUL WITH THIS!

I have been following the "Predator" thread on the Corvette board. Several of the guys there are the beta testers for the vette code. They have a GP in place by a guy who is "connected" to the company.

anyways, one member asked why he could get it on eBay cheaper than the GP. Long story short is they are not supposed to sell these units on eBay. They have been restricted to certain dealers only. Now if this is a used unit, fine.

Be very careful with these units. If you guys are interested, I can post a link to the GP thread on the vette board. This thread is more active than our superchips thread we had a while back......

carrerarod said:
anyways, one member asked why he could get it on eBay cheaper than the GP. Long story short is they are not supposed to sell these units on eBay. They have been restricted to certain dealers only.
I take it what you're saying is not being an authorized dealer means no warranty?

Could it be why the eBay seller says no refunds from him? When the buyer can't get warranty service from the manufacturer, he doesn't want them coming to him? ???

Maybe this is a classic black/grey market situation?

gluggo, I see that the eBay auction hasn't changed since the original post. I take it you're not getting the eBay item. That sounds like a good move. (y)

-- SS

I think its a little more than that....the thread on the vette forum is HUGE....here's a link....a lot of details for you gearheads about what the unit does....

Predator thread on corvetteforum.com

Hopefully this link works for non-members.... :rolleyes:

After the Superchips debacle I would be afraid to try anything other than a product from an established company with a well tested unit that has been in production for sometime. I would look for similar qualities in the retailer as well.

I met up with the Diablo reps in West Palm Beach. They just released the product for the AV. They wanted my truck as a test vehicle a few months ago but I declined. I'm holdong off on the Diablo, even though I can make a good deal with a friend of mine who reps them in his speed shop. The Diablo has more features than the Hyoertech. But I am going to stick to a proven product like the Hypertech for now.

carrerarod said:
I think its a little more than that....the thread on the vette forum is HUGE....here's a link....a lot of details for you gearheads about what the unit does....

Predator thread on corvetteforum.com

Hopefully this link works for non-members.... ?:rolleyes:

Hey thanks for the link to the Corvette site. Went through and read all the post they also have the Predator MANUAL on the link. I down loaded it and tried to post on this site but it was too big. It is a 40 page instruction maunal and looks very complex. Much more than the Hypertech and definately more than the one page Superchip instructions. But so far all that I read was positive. All these Corvette nuts waiting to get their Diablo Predator so they can tear up the roads where they live! Looks like I will have to go up against some of these corvettes and try blowing them off the line! Right! Maybe I will wait till first snow! Yea! >:D If you want the manual you can get it at the site but you need to scroll down the the middle to get one that works. Looks like the first 2 links were not ready yet but it will link up further down. The guy I am buying mine from still has 7 units left since Tuesday. He had 40 units that came in Tuesday and these were the First to be available to the public through this dealer. Thanks for the link! :B:

gluggo said:
All these Corvette nuts waiting to get their Diablo Predator so they can tear up the roads where they live! [/sub]

Yes they are nuts! Many of them are so technical they abolsutely lose me in some of the discussions. But they are a great bunch of guys/gals. I figure if the unit is good enough for them and pleased with the results, probably good enough for our AV's. Well as long as they get the code right! ;D

carrerarod said:
Yes they are nuts! Many of them are so technical they abolsutely lose me in some of the discussions. But they are a great bunch of guys/gals. I figure if the unit is good enough for them and pleased with the results, probably good enough for our AV's. Well as long as they get the code right! ?;D

:2:Let's be clear now that I said that with all good intention's. :-[ I use to be a owner of a 64 vette back in 1991 but sold it due to my own ignorance. :cry: It was built by Ted Perry out at Blunttville Tennesse. Ground up restoration! Perry are you out there? Wish I had it now, red convirtable 327, 365hp. Noticed the women liked it more than me. Guess I got jealous and sold it. How dumb I am! :C: Had alot of fun with it but I remember parts were EXPENSIVE!
But in all seriousness wanted to make that clear. Any body with a corvette I get heartbroken. Our Avalanches are so heavy any little bit to make them go faster well I have to modify if I can afford it. I have a feeling this Predator could be a good thing. I used both Hypertech and Superchip and well this dam truck is a TANK taken off. Tried racing a Silverado and well while the truck sounded good just did not produce! Carrerarod sounds like you have a good combination of vehichles! I did keep all my old manuals and books on the vette. Part of my bitter sweet reflections! Glen

Back