• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

PREDATOR TUNABLE POWER PROGRAMER REAL POTENTIAL

G

gluggo

:cool:I just programed my Avalanche with the new PREDATOR ?made by Diablo Sport. ?It went very smooth and not a single glitch. ?This is truley an nice unit. ?Ive had both the Hypertech and Superchip and the Predator is going to destory both combined! ?Of course that is from a laymans mind. ?After I programed the configuration that Diablo set on their unit I went back and Modified my own parameter! ??? ?You are able to change the Axle Ratio, Cooling Fan, Power enrichment, Spark, Normal Shift, Performance Shift, Shift Point (MPH), Shift Points (RPM), Shift pressure, Rev limit, Factory wheel Size, Actual Wheel size. ?I concentrated on the Rev Limit and Shift Point(MPH). ?I set First ?gear to shift at 50 mph and Second gear to shift at 90 mph. ?This is a sweet unit alot more to do with the unit. ?It also has a built in Tech II Diagnostic feature, which I have not used. ?I bought mine at $425.95 through RPM Outlet in Texas. ?I can honestly say that this was the best investment I have made yet and I am very pleased!! :B:He is a good man sent the unit even before he received payment. ?He has a problem with his FED EX driver! ?I just wanted to share this just in case you all were wondering how the guinee pig was doing! (y)
Here is his web site just in case some one is interested!
http://www.rpmoutlet.com/diagm.htm
Here is Predator's Main web site.
http://www.diablosports.com/legal.html
Here is a web site by PDQ Marketing on the Predator
http://www.pdqperformance.com/pdqstore/product.phtml?p=16
Here is a discussion by a Corvette club on this unit. ?It also contains a manual on the Predator. ?You may have to scroll down to find a link that works!
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zerothread?id=386879&page=1

2002 AV Z71, Leather, Sunroof, FIPK,Flowmaster 40, Predator power programer

I AM SOLD!!!! I held back on the Hypertech that I was going to pick up on Saturday. My speed shop told me to hold off till Monday when he gets the Predator in. I am going to get it. Do you have On-Star? Did you have to do the sme procedure as the Hypertech? Is it that much more thatn the Hypertech? Did you change the thermostat? I would love to see some Dyno results. I figure with my Mods, Airaid, Poweraide, Dual Borla I should have 50HP extra with the Predator. I'm shooting for the JBA headers and a 80 MM throttle body. Hopefully I'll have EXT power out of the 5.3

Yes please.......I held off on the hypertech and the superchips.......If this is as good as you say it is then bring it one....I just ordered a JBA Evol cat-back for my Av...next step will be the JBA cat4ward headers (same as Jewvalanche)...couple these two above mods with my K&N FIPK...and 80mm Throttlebody.....and we are in business......all this of course is leading up to the SUPER-DUPER...... :B:

I'm holding off on a supercharger since I may get a Lighting and go mod crazy on that as a weekend fun toy. But the the predator is a must

jewvalanche said:
I AM SOLD!!!! I held back on the Hypertech that I was going to pick up on Saturday. My speed shop told me to hold off till Monday when he gets the Predator in. I am going to get it. Do you have On-Star? Did you have to do the sme procedure as the Hypertech? Is it that much more thatn the Hypertech? Did you change the thermostat? I would love to see some Dyno results. I figure with my Mods, Airaid, Poweraide, Dual Borla I should have 50HP extra with the Predator. I'm shooting for the JBA headers and a 80 MM throttle body. Hopefully I'll have EXT power out of the 5.3

Yes I did pull the fuses on the Special Equipment. ?It deactivates the On Star. ?It ask to set the parking brakes so as not to turn on the headlights. ?Worked very good. ?Used the same safety procedures as the Hypertech instructions. ?The instruction MANUEL makes it almost dummy proof to make a mistake! ?I even stopped at the post office to reset the 1 and 2nd gear mph setting since orriginally I set them a little low and the gears were shifting before hitting optimum rpm. ? Cost wise if I remember the Hypertech was around $325 so about $100 ponies more but I think well worth the money! ?There were no instructions to change the thermostate nor does it require you to. ?It does stress to use 91 to 93 Octane fuel! ?Now remember mine is a 2002 avalanche. If you have a 2003 you need to see if they have that year's version complete or not. ?This truck feels real strong I ?believe it now runs even better than the Super chip. ?Sorry no Dyno, I live in a little town only two streetlights in my town. ?But the people who live here shall know my presence! >:D
I added a link to a Corvette club, they are excited about the Predator.

2002 AV Z71, Leather, Sunroof, FIPK,Flowmaster 40, Predator power programer

I have to admit that the Predator sounds interesting. Maybe someone with a Predator could run their Av on someones dyno and share the results? Same for someone with an HPP3.

Back