• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Help. 07 av @track

khrisxyu

Edgewood-Harford County, Maryland (looking for AVs
:help:

im going to the quarter mile track in acouple of days

i have a 5.3 liter automatic 2007 avalanche lt2 with no mods

i need help with how i can drive this to get the best times.

2wd or 4wd?

trac contol or no?

put it in drive or 1, 2, or 3?

when can i launch?
??? ???
should i take the cargo lids out?
should i run with the tailgate down?

:help:

please help

I found that on my stock 04, just leaving it in drive and flooring it works just as well as shifting it and tow/haul made no difference. No real need to put it in 4X.
Traction control should probably be turned off and you ought take the panes off and try to run with as little gas in the tank as you can. I'd say tailgate off completely or down also.

Since there will undoubtedly be some disagreement on this, you may want to try running in different configurations and see what works best for you.

NJ is having a GTG at a racetrack Sunday... Come watch Trannyman break his record... or his rearend  >:D

anyway...he'll give you some good tips... :cool:

Our GTG is at Island Dragway in NJ. Come see other AV's run and have some fun with us. I would be more than happy to give you some pointers. Not that I'm an expert, but I have made a few good passes >:D.

DaytonaZ71 said:
I'd say tailgate off completely or down also.

I'm not sure you can remove the tailgate on a 2007. ???

I also found that tow/haul mode made no difference.

No traction control and strip every pound off of it that you can.

bed covers, bed mat, spare tire, tailgate (if possible), empty storage bins, or anything else that's not bolted down or that easy to un bolt.  Weight reduction will help more than anything.

Oh yea, and a little extra air in your front tires.  That reduces rolling resistance.  You shouldn't need to air down your rears for traction on a stock AV.

Do not take off tailgait on an 07  :beating:
They are spring loaded and a real pain.
Just ask Ghost  :eek:

Glen

Leave the bed covers and tailgate on. When they are off the air circulates in the sail panel area and creates a downforce and slows you down. I would take the heavy bed may out though.

trannyman said:
Leave the bed covers and tailgate on. When they are off the air circulates in the sail panel area and creates a downforce and slows you down. I would take the heavy bed may out though.

THANK YOU !!! this is proven but ya still see the ferd and yotas and others driving down the freeway with them off.

Taking the tailgate off the 07 is a B !!!!  Not so much the hinges but the lock wire disconnect is located under the truck and there are 3 clamps that hold it in place as well ( the wire harness that is ) BUT , if one was to leave the panels on and remove the tailgate that sucker is WAAAY heavier than the  -06 gate.

A few things easy to pull as I am getting ready for Friday I have come up with.

Bedmat , everything in saddles , heavy floor mats , carseats ... other than that not much else you can remove without hardware and unless you are comp not much use in that.

I still need to drive into the manual and find out about traction controll.

Get a CAI and have exhaust done.  It's only a couple hundred and can be done in a couple hours.

Why not just leave it bone stock and pretty much like you drove it to the track for your first time.

Give yourself a baseline so that you can keep track of which mods/launching techniques, etc work best.
It'll help you as well as helping other members.

hmmm good point. I will bring the stock filter as well.

Good thinkin Daytona , get a cold one on Flabouy !

Avalanche Wolf said:
hmmm good point. I will bring the stock filter as well.

Good thinkin Daytona , get a cold one on Flabouy !

Like that will ever happen...  :laugh:

he would only question what I paid for it, accuse me of misrepresenting the alcohol content, and say I bought the wrong flavor anyways..... >:D

FlaBouy said:
Like that will ever happen...  :laugh:

he would only question what I paid for it, accuse me of misrepresenting the alcohol content, and say I bought the wrong flavor anyways..... >:D
:laugh:

and, as usual, i'd be right >:D

***hell, I'll have a beer with you. as far as i'm concerned, real life and the internet are seperate things.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Note: Mt. Dew shot out the nostrals is not a good thing.

DaytonaZ71 said:
:laugh:

and, as usual, i'd be right >:D

Maybe, although it's proving you are right that you seem to have issues with... 

Here's your beer..... :cheers:

FlaBouy said:
Maybe, although it's proving you are right that you seem to have issues with... 

Here's your beer..... :cheers:
Well spoken sir, the same could be said for you.  :cheers:

HEY HEY HEY NOW  , this is the Performance area !!! Take that mushy Cr*p somewhere else and get a room you 2 !

I was reading in the manual last night and it told me to push the button to remove Stabli or hold it to remove both stabi and TC but nothing for just TC. Oh well See if I can get multiable to test all 3 modes out.

Avalanche Wolf said:
I was reading in the manual last night and it told me to push the button to remove Stabli or hold it to remove both stabi and TC but nothing for just TC. Oh well See if I can get multiable to test all 3 modes out.
Interesting, that might explain why the trucks we used at New Smyrna Raceway wouldn't do a proper burnout.
Must have managed to disable stabillitrac but left T/C on.

KY_BOB said:
Looking forward to getting some '07's on the fastest AV list!
Yeah, that'll be cool!

(don't know where i got the crazy idea Pete was running his new truck :E:)

Back