• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

EarthQuake's BIG New Look!

EarthQuake

SM 2003
Some of you have seen the new look to the truck, so I'm posting pictures and details of what was done.  I'm really happy with the way it turned out, it's HUGE and gets lots of looks.  I've got to give thanks to Tango Chaser for the lift kit (an offer I couldn't refuse) and to CDWPowerhouse who had the patience to help (more like do 95%) on the install at his Mod Garage in Dayton, OH.

The details:
2002 Cladded Avalanche Z-71 (3.73 gears)
3" Performance Accessories Body Lift (installed a few years ago)
6" Fabtech Suspension Lift
37 x 13.5 x 18 Nitto Mud Grappler Tires
18" XD Series Rockstar Black Wheels
PowerSteps by AMP Research (from ElectricStep.com)
Rancho R9000X Adjustable Shocks w/In-Cab Control Box (from 4YouTruckParts.com)

med_gallery_2_1_260365.jpg

med_gallery_2_1_96891.jpg

med_gallery_2_1_16531.jpg

med_gallery_2_1_93558.jpg

med_gallery_2_1_210685.jpg

I'm sure you'll see me posting in about every lift and wheel/tire topic, so just excuse me...I'm excited.  Here is a link to my album with all my pictues LINK.

Congrats Scott!! ?I know how long you have dreamt of this outcome. ?It looks fantastic. ?It inspires me to drop mine....... >:D

:love:

Glad to see that lift got put to great use!​

Looks FANTASTIC​

mikielikesit said:
How do you like the mud grapplers? Do they ride pretty good on the street? That truck looks so good!!!

In a word "LOUD".  They actually ride very well.  I had it up to 80 on the hwy today and no bounce, no shimmy, nothing.  They just sound like a jet engine.  They have a very unique whine/hum.

EarthQuake said:
In a word "LOUD".? They actually ride very well.? I had it up to 80 on the hwy today and no bounce, no shimmy, nothing.? They just sound like a jet engine.? They have a very unique whine/hum.

Every time I talk to you on the phone when your driving your AV, I think "INCOMING....DUCK FOR COVER"......... :love:

EarthQuake said:
In a word "LOUD".? They actually ride very well.? I had it up to 80 on the hwy today and no bounce, no shimmy, nothing.? They just sound like a jet engine.? They have a very unique whine/hum.
thats a small price for that look.  I think I could live with it.

Looks great !! 

Awesome outcome!!  btw, when the tires get loud.......turn up the stereo ! !  >:D

That sure is a nice looking power assist step you got on that

BIG
Beautiful Avalanche​

The pics are great but they don't do it justice compared to seeing it in person.? Yes it is BIG and yes it looks awesome!

Sharp lookin truck.I run the 6 and 3 lift also and have the 37's.It rides like stock almost just alot taller don't ya think.  :B:

That looks great EQ! I remember the first time I saw you at Hooters in Trussville back in Sept or Oct. of last year, was my very first g2g....boy has your truck changed! Congrats!  :cool:

Wow, that is probably the best looking av I have seen. 3.73?!?!?!!? Time for a gear swap >:D

Back