• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

ATTN: Factory Navigation+SIR-GM1 owners!

endo

I'd like to know who is experiencing either of the following two problems with a SIR-GM1:

Problem #1:
Pressing the BAND button when the navigation map is displayed sometimes changes the radio station.

Problem #2:
Sirius radio sometimes plays over the CD changer.

I'm trying to figure out whether these problems are common to all users or simply due to defective units.  I've already heard of other people with problem #1...would appreciate it if you'd reply if you have either problem.

I can imagine the CD conflict, since the aux audio in devices are all connected in parallel. It's necessary that other devices are powered/audio selected exclusive of the selected one so that this sort of thing doesn't happen. It appears that the device is not shutting off the other devices on the bus, or vice-versa. A quirk that the mfg of the adapter should be advised of.

Of course, same goes for the band button and station changing quirk.

Good luck.. :)

I think these people just plain didn't test this product in any environment with a nav or with other devices on the bus.  Kinda ticks me off, I'm thinking I might send this back to them and give XM another shot (or perhaps just get an ipod and kill sat radio subscription altogether).

I just went out and tested mine and did not get either of the problems to happen.  guess I got lucky.  I love sirius now

ok, I see the band thing.  it goes back to the first preset.  when I tested it I had it on nascar which is my first preset but tonight I had it on hairnation and tried it and it went back to my nascar but sirius is sooooooooooo much better that is not a big deal.

Mudcon said:
ok, I see the band thing.? it goes back to the first preset.? when I tested it I had it on nascar which is my first preset but tonight I had it on hairnation and tried it and it went back to my nascar but sirius is sooooooooooo much better that is not a big deal.

I have an SIR-GM1 in the NAV system in my '06 Vette.  It's a different head, but on mine I have 2 sets of presets for XM/Sirius labeled XM1/XM2 on the touch screen, but it's a single button that toggles through.  The same thing may be happening with your band button.  So maybe 1st press of Band brings you to presets 1 for XM/Sirius and another brings you to presets 2?

Something to check anyway.

Back